Friday, October 19, 2018

Woo Hoo! Those Red Sox Are Awesome!


October 19, 2018

Good morning.  Brrrrr!  At 8:45 this morning it was only 33F degrees.  It is now a little after nine o'clock and the temperature has gone up two degrees.  Oooooweee!  It is nippy!  By this afternoon, the temperature will have risen almost thirty degrees to around sixty degrees. 

It will stay in the fifties overnight, then back up into the sixties for tomorrow.  I can shut the heat off later today and keep it off until tomorrow evening when it will drop back down into the thirties.  Wow, talk about crazy temps!

Oh my, did any of you stay up last night to watch the Boston Red Sox beat the Houston Astros?  We are off to the World Series.  Go Boston!  Did I ever mention that my ex-hubby (the kids' father) had a cousin who played for the Houston Astros?  This, of course, was many years ago and I don't remember the guy's name. 

I really didn't do much last evening.  For some reason, I was tired.  This cooler weather seems to be using more of my breath than usual.  I just move a bit slower.  (Lord, if I go any slower I'll be crawling!) 

Oh gosh, guess what I just found.  I looked up to the top shelf on one of my bookshelves and there it was!  The carry case and the Sprocket paper that I put away so good and couldn't find it.  Isn't that the way it always goes?  The lost items don't get found again until they have been replaced?  Well, the good news is that I found it.  Now I have lots of printer paper.



About three weeks ago, I stepped outside and noticed a beautiful big moon in the sky right over my driveway.  I grabbed my little Canon and went back out to take some photos.  Folks, this little camera is awesome.  I just put it on auto and shoot.  Here is my moon shot and a close up of one corner of it.



I love my big camera, but this little point and shoot is much lighter to carry and it takes awesome photos.  It's a Canon PowerShot  SX50 HS.  This little camera makes it so much fun to take photos. 

Today I'm expecting an order from Amazon.  I purchased a folding basket for my walker.  Hopefully it will work out so that I can take my walker to Florida.  I need the basket though, so that Pogo has something to sit in.  The basket that I have now is perfect for him but it doesn't fold up so it would be difficult to take it on the plane. 

Of course, this isn't written in stone yet.  I may still take the stroller instead.  It all depends on how much I have to carry and how I'm feeling when it is time to travel.  I can push the stroller with one hand and pull my luggage with the other.  I put my carry on in the stroller with Pogo.  I can't do this with the walker.  Hmmm, I have some thinking to do.

On this note, I'm going to leave and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend. 

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh those MOON pics are awesome. I watched the game until I fell asleep:) I am an Atlanta Braves fan and well... we know they lost out! I will be watching the Series, wonder who the Red Sox will be playing. LA or MIL? Either one, it will be a great series. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Angelicastar said...

We still love those young men. I think they are the first team ever for the Houston Astros to go and win the world series. (At any time) They are young and strong and I like how they work together and enjoy each other. Boston is an excellent team also. It was great entertainment. Maybe next year if they keep them all together for another try, they might make it back to the world series. It was close. It was a disappointment because you can tell they wanted to go to the world series 2 years in a row. But both teams are fighters.. We finally got some cooler weather but the temps are coming back but not as hot. I did develop a little strength and cleaned my carpet and ran the dust bunnies away. (lol) I am getting every thing spic and span because my kidney doctor told me last week that I might have to go back on dialysis and I will be doing it at home. She know I am not good with the skanks that work at those dialysis centers. She will still be my nephrologist and I doesn't have to see anyone but her and the PD nurse. I've been praying that it doesn't happen but I has to do another set of lab work on Monday and we will see what happen. Tell Pogo no matter what, I will always love him. Have a great afternoon.

Nani said...

I completely know what you mean about things you put away so well you don't find them until you replace them. Our kitties have three packs of filters for their water fountain! At least, like your printer paper, they don't spoil! :)

I watched the Red Sox game until the end and tonight's game too. It's so sad that the Dodgers will lose the World Series two years in a row. Okay, David's cousin is a Dodgers fan. So we'll both get to "talk smack" with her on Facebook. As he said tonight, "someone from the family will be very happy in the next week or so."

I've got lots of reading to do! It's good to be back! hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

We heard about the Red Sox here on the sports news and I immediately thought of you and said to Jan that you would be a happy girl! and I was right LOL.
I don;t know if it is necessary that you put the strawberry plant inside. we never do and they do survive. Perhaps you can put a bit of straw on the soil of the pot and then leave it out, perhaps you have a spot that is a bit protected.
Love that picture of the brooms! Oh yeah, soon it is Halloween.
Will you be riding your broomstick with Pogo this year????
let us know so we know when we will have to loop at the sky to give you a wave!!
Great shot of the moon.
Have a lovely week, take care!!
Hugs
Kyra