Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Tis A Wee Bit Chilly Here This Morning

October 16, 2018

Good morning.  It's a beautiful, crisp Autumn morning here in New England.  The temperature is 44F degrees, with hopes of getting up into the high fifties later this afternoon.  We had quite a bit of wind during the night, and this morning there are leaves everywhere in my yard.  There's still a bit of a breeze this morning, but nothing like the frisky winds during the night.

Audrey got home safely yesterday afternoon.  Pogo sat by the door and moped for a while, missing her.  To soothe his feelings, I ordered Pork Lo Mein and Pork Fried Rice for our supper last night.  Needless to say, he licked his plate clean.

Yesterday, I spent some time on my laptop making some new quick pages.  It seems strange, but I'm having to get used to this laptop all over again.  Just two weeks without it, but it seems a bit different and very slow.  It's coming on time when I'm going to have to splurge on a new laptop, but I'm going to hold off as long as I can.  I'm too busy to spend time learning a whole new system.

While Audrey was here, Deanne brought her two grandchildren, Aurora and Xander, over for a visit.  Aurora was a bit shy at first, but Xander fell in love with Pogo and had a great time playing with his auntie Audrey.   This is my youngest great grandson, Xander.  I love that red hair!


One day, we had to do a bit of grocery shopping.  One of the items we wanted was the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches.  We found a whole display of them in an end cap (at WalMart) and put a box of them in the cart.  The box of eight sandwiches was only $4.88.  They are usually almost nine dollars, so I really should have got two boxes. 

Because of the low price, Audrey took my phone and took a photo of the display case and the price at the top of it.  At the check out counter, the clerk started to ring the sandwiches up at the higher price.  I showed her the photo, and she called a supervisor over.  We got the lower price, but you better believe that someone emptied that end cap out in a very short time.


Wednesday night was another treat.  DIL Janet came by after work and we had Stouffer's mac and cheese for supper.  Yum!  Janet had brought a Mile High apple pie for our dessert.  It's called Mile High for a good reason.  It's very tall!  This is how it looked after we each had a slice.


Audrey and I did our best to polish it off, but we ended up sending a huge chunk of the pie out to Joe.  Needless to say, this pie was delish!  Janet had also brought a lemon Danish, a raspberry Danish and a lemon/raspberry Danish.  We talked her into taking one of them to work for her coworkers.  We shared the other two Danish with Joe and the rest of the dwarfs. 

Pogo woke me up at three o'clock this morning because he was hungry, so we each had a plate of Pork Fried Rice and Pork Lo Mein.  Once our tummies were full, it was back to dreamland for both of us. 

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading before I get busy with some chores around here.  So, till  tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I never heard of a dog liking Chinese food. Pogo is unique! That pie looks so good. I have tried to make a mile high apple pie, but it never turns out looking like that! Your great-grandson is adorable.

Theresa said...

Nothing puts a smile on your face like little ones coming for a visit. That pie looks YUMMY!
Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Nani said...

Don't you love those "accidental bargains?" That pie made me feel hungry and stuffed all at once! It looks so yummy!