Thursday, October 18, 2018

Go Red Sox!

October 18, 2018

Good afternoon.  Today started off on the nippy side.  At eight o'clock this morning the temperature was 37F degrees and quite breezy.  (outside!)  I didn't want to come out from under my blanket but I had an early morning appointment at the Social Security Office. 

Deanne came with me, thank goodness!  There is now a security check in at the door (like at the airport).  I had my oxygen on so now I'm getting a bit anxious.  However, I made it through.  Thank goodness I didn't have my pepper spray in my purse.  The guard might not have been too happy with me when my purse was being checked out. 

My drivers license expires in a couple of weeks, and in order to renew it, I have to get the new Real ID license.  For that, I need all sorts of proof of who I am, including my social security card.  The problem is that I never changed the name on my card since 1960 when I married my kids' father.  (I confess, I've made that matrimonial walk more than once!)  Hence, my visit to the Social Security Office this morning. 

My new card will come in the mail in about a week, then I can go to the Registry and renew my license.  Meanwhile, I'll be making sure that I have all the papers required to show that I'm really me and that I was born here. 

When we came out of the Social Security Office, the temperature had risen to about forty degrees, and it really did feel quite nice.  The sun is shining and there's a perky little breeze, but it really does feel nice walking around outdoors.  Of course, I was wearing a jacket and after a little while, I got back into my nice warm car.

It's a good thing I took my car today.  Have you noticed that there are no broom parking spots in any of the parking lots?  Is this really fair?  Some days it would be a lot easier to just hop on my broom and zip off to the store or the bank and then home again. 

Sadly, there's no where to park my broom when I get to where I'm going.  Hmmm, I'll have to ask some of my friends how they handle this problem.  I found this awesome image on the web and it proves that we certainly do know how to park and that we don't take up very much space.


In case anyone is interested in buying a HP Sprocket Printer, I printed a photo with my Sprocket this morning to give to my daughter Deanne.  I lightened the photo just a bit before printing it and it came out really nice.  This original photo was taken back in 1963 I think.  My daughter Kerri used to love looking into the (doll) carriage at her tiny baby sister Deanne. 


Today is Kerri's oldest daughter's birthday.  Happy Birthday Brandy.  I hope your day is just awesome!  I love you.

Well, everyone was up late last night watching the Red Sox beat the Houston Astros.  What a game!  Just one more win will do it, so Go Red Sox!

I have a couple photos of my plants to share.  This first one is my Chrysanthemum plant.  The buds are all opening and the colors are gorgeous!


And this is my strawberry plant.  It didn't do much all summer other than to grow to this size.  Last night, I brought it into the house because temps were dipping to freezing.  I'm going to see if it will keep growing indoors and then maybe put it back outside next Spring.  We'll see.


On my way home today, I stopped by WalMart to get the new Shingles shot.  You have to get this one in two parts.  However, the pharmacy was all out.  They put me on a list and will call me when their supply comes in.  While I was there, I picked up a few groceries and a few things to put away for Christmas.  Plus one birthday gift.  Yup, it's been a good day!

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading before Joe gets home and Pogo wants to go out into the house to have his turkey treat.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

LV said...

It is strange how other areas of the United States operate so differently. Thank goodness we do not have to go through that at the social security office here. It is bad enough at the airport. Your flowers are beautiful. My poor sister is going through an out brake of singles now.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog about a month ago. I live in central TX,,,so different from your climate. I really enjoy how down to earth your blog is.