Tuesday, October 30, 2018

A Busy Day Here

October 30, 2018

Good afternoon.  Well, so far today has been pretty busy.  Early this morning, I picked up Deanne and Jazzy.  After dropping Jazzy off at the college, we headed for the Motor Vehicles Registry.  We were prepared to be in for a two or three hour wait, but there was an angel looking out for us.  We were in and out of the Registry in less than twenty minutes.  Wowsie!  Now that was a first!  I should get my new license in the mail in about a week.

On the way home, I stopped by WalMart to pick up some groceries.  My food supplies were getting pretty low so I had to get quite a lot of things.  When I got home, I brought the groceries into the house in batches.  Slowly.  And I put them all away slowly too.  First the frozen stuff, then everything else.  I left the two cases of water in the car.  I'll ask Joe if he'll bring them in for me later.

For a while, I kept feeling as though I was forgetting something, but for the love of me I just couldn't think what it could be.  Ding!  Ding!  Finally a bell went off in my brain.  It was my blog that I was missing.  So here I am. 

A reader has asked me what a quick page is.  This is a good question because not everyone does digital scrapbooking.  Basically, I make a scrapbook page and leave an empty space on it so that you can put your photo there.  You put the photo behind the frame opening, then add whatever embellishments you might want to the page, and then you print it. 

It's called a quick page because all you have to do is add your photo and any embellishments you might want to it.  If there are any more questions regarding how to use these quick pages, just send me an email (it's on my profile page) and I'll be glad to help you. 

I found a couple interesting items on the web and I thought I would share.  The first is a Comfort Calming Blanket.  It is a weighted blanket that helps a person to sleep comfortably all night.  This would be great for folks who have trouble getting to sleep at night.  The blanket can be purchased from Sharper Image or from https://calmnqcomfortblanket.com.


The other thing is a new line of cobalt blue glass dishware and accessories.  These are marketed by "Pioneer Woman."  This line was introduced this Fall at WalMart and a few other stores.   There are more items to be introduced in the Spring.  Visit her web site to see some of the available items.  http://thepioneerwoman.com.


This new line of glassware reminds me so much of the glassware from my childhood days.  A lot of our glassware was called carnival glassware.  The colors were just gorgeous.  Then there were the white milk glass  pieces.  I still have a couple of small items tucked away.  It's so nice to see these things coming back.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day, so I'm thinking that maybe Pogo and I could take a ride to Ocean State Job Lot to see what's new.  While we're there we can pick up some more bird seed.  Then we'll have an early supper because we're going to meet up with some friends to go on our annual broom ride.  Temps are supposed to be fairly nice so this will be a fun evening. 

Now it's time to start thinking about what to make for our supper.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous evening.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

That blanket looks SO comfy! Have a beautiful day dear friend, HUGS!