Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Creative Changes

June 5, 2018

Good morning.  The rain has stopped and the sun is shining.  Temps are warming up today to the high sixties.  Yes, yes, yes!  I could use a big dose of warm (not scalding) sunshine.  I missed being able to sit out on the porch yesterday.  It was too damp and cool to be out there.

Yesterday was rather quiet around here.  Aside from a couple of small household chores, I mostly spent time playing on my laptop.  Yup, I got lost in making new quick pages.  Plus, I picked up a few new scrap kits. 

I guess I'm just awful picky.  I can spend an hour or two on just one quick page.  I get an idea in my head, and I don't stop until the page is what I had in mind.  Sometimes I spend a lot of time making a brand new element from existing elements. 

When I look back at quick pages I made in my early scrapping days, I see a really big difference.  In the beginning, I made a page you could use to display a photo in.  Now I like to have my page tell a story or at least set a mood.  If there is any special type of page someone would like, please let me know and I'll see what I can come up with.

Well, last night I did finish the Cranberry afghan.  Later today, I'll take a photo of it to share.  I'm going to place a yarn order today, and in the meanwhile, I'll work on the new afghan.  I'm in no rush to get these afghans finished.  I would like to have one ready before Christmas for my oldest great grandchild.  First, I have to decide on which colors to use for it. 

Today I have a couple photos of the plants in the green house.  First is the peppers.  They are really doing well.  Next is the strawberry plant.  It seems to enjoy the warmth inside the greenhouse.



The nice weather has brought out all the hornets and other flying insects.  They can stay outdoors, just not around me.  I bought a bug stick and hung it on my porch to keep the hornets away from my door.   I have another one to hang indoors for any flying pests that manage to get in the door.


In a little while, I need to go outside and open the door on the greenhouse.  The plants will probably be wanting a drink of water, and I'll be putting a couple of them back on my steps.  I put them in the greenhouse the other night because the night time temps got rather cold. 

Now I think it's time to wash the breakfast dishes and get busy around here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

There are so many of us with similar interests. I love to sit on the porch, especially when there isn’t scorching heat:). Your peppers are doing great and strawberries, YUM. Enjoy the rest of this beautiful day. Hugs

Beth Reed said...

Hi,
Oh yes your plants are doing so very well. I just love your little green house. I sure miss having my gardens.

Your QP's are so beautiful. I like my pages to show a theme or a story also. I often have an idea in my head but sometimes the pages just take on something else and that is always a surprise for me.


Have a wonderful day... Hugs to you my friend and lots of love to my sweet boy... xxx Beth