Friday, June 8, 2018

A Day Full Of Goodies

June 8, 2018

Good morning.  It's looking great outside my door.  The sun is shining and the temperature is 60F degrees.  In just a couple of hours the temp will rise to close to eighty degrees.  Awesome!  Today is definitely a porch day. 

Yesterday was full of all sorts of good stuff.  Deanne came by and brought two new awards to show me.  A couple nights ago, there was a large awards event held at the high school Theatre Arts building.  Jasmine was presented with two really special awards.  One was the Dominie award which only goes to Seniors who Excell in the theatre program.


The other award that Jazzy received was the Richard Rosen Gift Of Laughter Award.   I don't know all of the history behind this award, but it started thirty years ago, and is only given to one person each year.  So, in thirty years, only twenty nine other persons have ever been given this award.  Now Jazzy is the thirtieth person.  The head director of their theatre, Mr. Hogan, was one of the other twenty nine people who received the award, and he had the honor of presenting it to Jazzy.


Jazzy also received a Recognition Award this past week from the Brockton School Committee for her performance in Suite Surrender, which was one of the fourteen shows selected to compete at the New England Drama Festival State Finals, and won accolades at all three levels of competition.  Way to go, Jazzy!

Later in the afternoon, I got two packages in the mail.  Woo Hoo!  I love packages!  Of course, these were things that I had ordered.  One package was clothing, and the other was some things that I had ordered from a gadget catalogue.  One of the items in the box was a "Cat and Bird Prickler."


This photo shows two of these pricklers, one on top of the other.  One side has inch long prickles, and the other side has prickles about a quarter of an inch long.  Right now, I'm using the shorter side.  The household cats just love jumping up on the pantry counter and chewing on my plants.  I'm hoping that the pricklers will discourage them from hopping up there anymore.  They won't hurt the cats and supposedly they work well.

On another happy note, Audrey sent me some photos of her newest project.  Her granddaughter Alena collects owls, so Audrey is going to make her a bed doll, using one of her owls.  This photo shows the owl and the yarns that Audrey is going to use to make the dress. 


This next photo shows an idea of what the dress will look like when it is finished and on the owl.  Gosh, this is so cute!  I'll have to have Audrey send me a photo of the finished project.


Last night I treated Pogo and me to Chinese take out for supper.  I bought an extra container of the pork lo mein so that we could have some today too. This morning Pogo had a plate of it, and he's such a happy little camper now. 

Well, now that I've done a bit of bragging and chewed your ear off, I'll take my cup out to the kitchen and get a coffee refill.  Then I think Pogo and I will go out on the porch.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend. 

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

LV said...

Wonderful achievements for Jazzy. Sounds like she is on the right road to a big career.

Beth Reed said...

Hi Edna,
I am so proud of Jazzy. This is such an honor for her and wow how incredible. She is really talented. I bet we will see her name in lights in the not to distant future. Congratulations to her and to you as well. You have encouraged and shown your support for her success all the way thru her schooling and drama years... How awesome for the entire family.

I love the little owl. That is going to be just beautiful. What a delightful gift. She is going to love it. So many beautiful ideas out in the knitting and crochet world.

Have a wonderful day... Hugs xxx Beth