Tuesday, March 27, 2018

A Good Year To Start Project "Toss And Throw"

March 22, 2018

Good morning.  Brrr, tis a wee bit cold this morning.  The temperature is 27F degrees.  However, in a few hours it will be up in the mid forties.  Gosh, I hope so.  I've already made my shopping list, but I'll wait for the temperature to go up a bit before going out. 

Well, I did it!  Yesterday I buckled down and got all my tax stuff in columns on paper.  At least I think I  have it all.  I just need to go over it and neaten it up a bit.  Then I'll give it to DIL Janet to total the columns for me.  Now I just have to call the accountant for an appointment. 

Today I have a few calls to make.  The first one will be to the insurance adjuster to find out when he is coming out here.  I'd like to get all this storm damage stuff behind me.  Then I need to call my primary care doctor's office to find out who I'll be seeing now that he is taking an early retirement. 

I'm also waiting for a shipment from Omaha Steaks.  Last week I treated myself to an order, and it is supposed to be delivered today.  Pogo and I will be licking our chops for a while now.  The last time I ordered some meat from them, it was simply delicious!

Later this week, I'd like to start a new project for this year.  It's called "Toss and Throw."  It's time to downsize.  That should keep me busy for a few years!  My efforts over the years to get rid of things weren't very successful.  I'm really going to have to try hard to say goodbye to a lot of my wonderful cluttery things.  Boo Hoo, Boo Hoo.

Today I have a couple more photos of the beautiful plants in Florida, and I have a couple photos that Beth took.  I just love this hedge plant that is covered with blue flowers.



These next two photos were taken by Beth.  These gorgeous azaleas are outside a lot of the entrances to the condos.  I think this one was just a couple doors down from us.



Now I think I should get dressed and get this new day started.  As you can tell, my cold seems to be getting better.  At least I'm feeling so much better now.  Before I take my leave, I'd like to thank everyone for their get well thoughts.  I know I don't reply to the comments but I do read them every day, and I appreciate them ever so much.  Thank you everyone.

I'm off now.  There are a few dishes in the kitchen sink that are calling to me.  "Wash me, wash me!  It's off to the sink I'll go.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Beth Reed said...

Edna,
Toss and Throw sounds good. You can also donate some of your cluttery things.... I sure wish that we had those beautiful plants here to brighten up our spots in the apartments. They have the front decorated gorgeous but not so much around the complex.

I am glad that your feeling better. My cold has turned much worse and I am sneezing and coughing a lot but no fever. I have been taking my vitamins and extra C so that should help.

I am also glad that you got the tax stuff sorted and done with. I know that it will be a big relief to turn over to the accountant and much thanks to Janet for her help as well.

Going to go and watch a movie. I don't feel up to concentrating on anything else today. My plans to get my books shelves done will have to wait. I just don't feel up to it today. Take care and give Pogo lots of hugs from Cisco and I... He is feeling much better. It looks like he will be doing probiotics for a while now and no more carrots or apples because they seem to be adding to the stomach issues. He is having problems digesting fiber according to the vet. Who knew???? So only his food and probiotics for now...

Take care my friend and have an awesome day. I will call you when I feel a bit better, Love Beth and Cisco

gypsyrose said...

I hope your day is going to plan and you are getting all the things on your to do list done, Dont know about having a toss and throw project Its so hard to get rid of things that have been part of your life for so long I tried when we moved still got to much lol, The plants in Florida are lovely you must miss them now,
look after yourself glad your feeling better x

smiekeltje said...

Congratulations on the achievement of getting done the tax stuff!!!!t will be a very good feeling once it all is at your accountant!
Oh gosh, Tosh and Throw, it always sounds good, but is often so hard to do.Sometimes it is just a matter of setting your brain on"not working, totally on zero"and get started. I did that a coup[le of times and it was a good thing, but still have too much stuff around LOL!
But just start at once place and work on from there, every time something. It will work rather well, it is just a matter of determination, I guess.
Hope your weather starts to get better soon, that helps a lot with all kind of projects.
Good, on to the next post.
Hugs
Kyra