Thursday, February 22, 2018

Oh What A Beautiful Morning, Oh What A Beautiful Day!

February 22, 2018

Good morning.  Well, tis quite gray outside now and much cooler.  Temps are at 41F degrees and dropping quickly.  We are expecting snow this morning, then changing to rain, changing back to snow and then back to rain.  All this is supposed to take place during the day and night with temps dropping to 31F degrees. 

It is still winter, so we expect this but I have to say that the last two days were simply glorious.  Pogo and I went out yesterday for a while.  It felt so good to be able to drive my car and to browse around in one of our favorite stores, Ocean State Job Lot.  Pogo loves this store because the folks there love him and so many of the customers and employees stop to pet him. 

The store was having an awesome sale on a few yarns, so I picked up a few skeins to put away for future afghans.  I also picked up a new box of tea to try.  This one is Lemon & Echinacea Herbal Tea.


Temps yesterday climbed up into the low seventies and the parks were full of folks and doggies out for walks, just enjoying the awesome weather.  Daughter Deanne took Aurora (her granddaughter) out to the park to feed the ducks and geese, and then they went to a playground where Aurora had a wonderful time.  Here's Aurora on one of the swings.


Saturday's temperature is supposed to climb back up into the mid fifties, so I think Pogo and I will go out that day to do a couple more errands.  That one trip out yesterday exhausted me, but it felt good to be getting back to a bit of normal.  Obviously, we did not get to do any other errands, but it was a nice start. 

We are down to crunch time now and there is so much to do to get ready for our vacation.  Every day I am trying to do at least one or two little things.  Today I need to call grandson Kevin to see if he can come by after work and set up the new hot spot thing that I had bought for my small laptop.  If he can't get it set up, I'll have to return it soon. 

I have a cute photo to share.  Lots of times when Joe is cooking supper for himself and some of the dwarfs, he will cook a bit extra and give it to Pogo.  The other night, Joe cooked an extra hamburger for Pogo.  I cut it all up and then took this photo of Pogo digging in to one of his favorite foods.  Notice his fancy dinnerware?  My little guy likes nice things. hahaha.


Last evening, DIL Janet came by after work.  We ordered steak and cheese submarine sandwiches for supper, and then for dessert we had a tough time choosing which of the scrumptious desserts to eat (that Janet had stopped to buy on her way here).  Folks, she came in with a huge shopping bag from a local bakery, and inside the bag was three boxes of goodies.  She couldn't make up her mind which desserts to buy so she bought several of them.

Oh my, yum yum!  More yum yum!  Peeking inside each of the boxes, the surprises kept getting better and better.  Lots and lots of whipped cream, chocolate, strawberry, oh my this is sooooo delicious looking!  I only ate half of my sandwich and saved my appetite for this huge chocolatey thing full of whipped cream.  Oh my,  soooooooo delish!  Janet dove into a huge strawberry and whipped cream delight.  Oh gosh, it tastes so good to be so bad!

For breakfast this morning, I devoured a long pastry filled with whipped cream and a bit of strawberry.  I have to say it tasted pretty good with my coffee.  There are still two boxes of goodies in my refrigerator but I will take them out in to the house later and share them with Joe and the other dwarfs. 

Last night, I actually fell asleep and slept right through most of the night until around 5:30 this morning.  Today I'm hoping to finish putting all my tax stuff into columns ready to be added up.  Of course, being realistic I know this won't get done, but if I chip away at it every day, I'll get there. 

Now I think I'll make a hot cup of that new tea and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Beth Reed said...

Good Morning Edna,
I am sorry that I missed your call yesterday. I wouldn't have been able to talk anyway as my voice was gone. It finally started coming back as a croak around 8:00 last night. It is better today.

I just love the photos of Aurora and Pogo. How nice that he has such fancy dinner ware. And that baby is just growing so fast. She is precious. The park and playground sounds like a perfect way for some Grandma and granddaughter time!

I am glad that you got out. The more you do, the easier it will become. I know that is easier said than done, but getting out of the house, driving your car and doing some kind of outing sure does a lot of good for our bodies and mental state.
I am off to update my blog... You have a super day!!! Love to you and Pogo from Cisco and I. xxxx Beth

gypsyrose said...

Oh my your cream cakes sound so delicious makes me want to go and buy one . what a lovely treat for you. Im glad you had some nice days and managed to get out for a while hopefully you will get more days when you can get out. the photos of Pogo and Aurora are both lovely. Look after yourself x