Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Welcome August

August 1, 2017

Good morning.  Tis another gorgeous day today.  I was up and out early this morning.  First I drove daughter Deanne to work, (this is the week when all the cars chose to have problems) then I stopped by Walmart to return a couple items and pick up a couple new items.  By nine o'clock, I was back home. 

Today begins another new month.  It's already August!  Gosh, it won't be long before all the kids will be headed back to school.  Here's the August page from my calendar.


I've been working on the Delft Blue afghan lately, trying to get it finished.  Here's a photo of it, almost half done.


While Pogo and I were out in the yard a couple days ago, I took photos of the Red, White and Blue garden spinner and garden solar lights.  Gosh, can you tell we love our flag? 



As long as I'm posting photos, here's another one of my handsome little Pogo.  Yup, I'm one of those fur baby mamas who just can't have enough photos of her fur baby. 


Deanne's cat, Tinkerbelle, has not been well lately, and soon she'll be traveling to the Rainbow Bridge.  They got Tinkerbelle when she was just a tiny kitten and Jazzy was a baby.  These two grew up together, so this is an especially difficult time for Jazzy. (and the whole family)

I've been watching the Jewel School on the Jewelry TV Channel.  It's really quite interesting, and they have the neatest tools to make it easier to make jewelry.  They have a knotting board/tool that I might give some serious thought to.  It would make it so much easier for knotting pearls and beads. 

Just two more days, folks, and our driveway is going to be repaired.  Out in the front, near the street, several "pot holes" have formed.  These need to be filled in and then all that area repaved.  I've checked the weather forecast and it looks like the weather will be nice all week.  I've already arranged for a police detail to be here all that morning.  Pogo is going to be so excited watching all the activity.  Actually, me too. 

Well, that's my news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a super duper day!

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

That hawk is truly a special visitor. In a way great, but also a bit tricky for the little birdies.
et's hope the hawk will find some mice and such to have as a prey, then the birds will be okay.
exciting week for you with all thins happening, as the driveway, and the new oxygen thing and all.
Sorry to hear about Tinkerbell, but we know we have to say goodbye to our pets on a day. still it is hard and it hurts.
I didn;t spend time at the comuter til today, so I have lots of work catching up with all blogs and a bit of posting(think that will be for the weekend somewhere).
Time for me to read your other posts of this week See you there,
Hug
Kyra