Friday, August 11, 2017

Seeing Is Believing

August 11, 2017

Good morning.  The weather here is superb.  The sun is shining, temps are in the 70's and there's a tiny breeze.  Of course, by noon, temps will reach the low 80's, but even that's nice.  Yesterday, the sun was really warm, and if you stayed in it for a bit, it got really hot. 

I took these photos of the thermometer that sits on my porch.  The first photo was taken when the sun was shining really warm, and the second photo was taken a while after the sun moved to another spot in the yard.  I wouldn't have believed it got this warm if I didn't see it with my own eyes.



Folks, when you take your doggies out for a walk, keep in mind that if the ground is too hot for you to go barefoot, then it is definitely burning your doggie's feet.  Either put boots on your doggie, or don't go walking in the hot sun.  I see this all the time and I just don't know how people can say they love their doggies when they make them walk barefoot on the steaming hot ground.

Yesterday, Pogo and I went out to do a couple errands, and stopped in at the local Ocean State Job Lot.  We love this store.  Somehow, we always manage to find a few things that we just have to have.  While we were there, we bought a new Butterfly Bush plant.  It's a pretty dark purple, and when Joe got home from work, he planted it for me. 


The new plant is only about a foot tall, but it should grow to about four or five feet tall.  There is one more plant that I would like to get for that side of the shed, and it's a trumpet vine plant.  It comes in red, yellow and orange.  Of course, I'm wanting the orange one.  I'm hoping that these two plants will bring butterflies and hummingbirds to this side of the house.

In the afternoon, the UPS truck stopped by with a package that I've been waiting for.  Somehow, I've lost or misplaced my "grabber", so I ordered a new one.  It came as a set of two which is great.  I can keep one in the living room and the other in the kitchen.


I also got another package.  I had ordered a hand-held shower head to take to Florida with me.  The shower in my bathroom (in Florida) is not really wide, and I can't reach the shower head to turn it.  I have no control over where the water hits me.  Being only five feet tall, this means that the water hits me on the face.  This hand-held shower head will make showering more pleasant. 

Now I'm hoping that my new yarn order arrives soon.  One of the skeins of yarn is red, and I'm wanting to try making a red baby hat.  I promised Deanne that I would make a few of them to send to the nursery at one of the local hospitals for next February.  It should be fun and I'm looking forward to it.

I found this adorable picture on the web and just had to borrow it to share here with you.  It  sort of says how a lot of us feel by the time Friday rolls around.  hahaha.

 
Now it's time to take my leave.  There are dishes waiting in the sink that need washing, and my little guy wants to go outside for a bit.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have an awesome weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

LV said...

I have one of those grabbers too. I really like it. My kids gave it to so I would not be climbing on things.

The Queen Jester said...

Pete has a grabber as well, but I haven't seen him use it much. The butterfly bush looks nice and they have such a nice smell.