Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Quite an Eventful Day

August 22, 2017

Good morning.  Tis a bit cloudy at the moment, but I'm sure the sun will be out soon and the temps will climb up into the high eighties.  Right now, though, it is just super outside.  Gosh, I can't believe how quickly this month is flying by.  It would be so nice if it would just last a little bit longer because it is such a beautiful month.

Well, it's been busy around here.  Yesterday, we were all hoping for a glimpse of the solar eclipse.  Of course, you know that without special glasses or camera lenses, you couldn't look into the sun or take photographs of it.    Dwarf Helen found a great way for us to watch this phenomenon.  She put out a basin with water in it.  We could then see the sun's reflection in the water, and we could photograph it.  Well, at least we tried. 


Note the little crescent moon just below the left side of the tub.  This little crescent moon was in all of my photos.  Even in the videos that I took.  Here's another photo that I took of the sun's reflection in the water.  It did not really get dark here, nor was I able to see much of the eclipse.  But, it was still pretty awesome.


Then of course, last evening our neighbors across the street provided us with some not so great entertainment again.  They always  park trucks or construction equipment on the street, thereby causing frequent automobile accidents.  Last night they had a dump truck and a large wood chipper parked on the street, and around 8:30 pm there was a really nasty accident.


Passersby dragged a woman from the car because there was a lot of smoke coming from the car.  The woman was unconscious.  I think there were two children in the car too, but someone whisked them away to a nearby neighbor's house to safety.  Needless to say, there were police, firemen and trucks, and tow trucks gathered around in just a short time.  Hopefully, all of the car's passengers will be okay. 

You would think that after all the accidents caused by the vehicles parked on the street at this house, that the town officials or the police could do something about it.  No one else parks on the street at night.  It is a state road, so it isn't supposed to be allowed, but these folks seem to make their own rules. 

I spent a little time yesterday afternoon and evening working on the new afghan.  I wanted to get the third color started on it before I had to put it down.  Isn't this pretty?  Again, the colors are Honeysuckle, Salmon and Peachy (in that order).


If you do any knitting or crocheting, you might want to try the yarn from this particular company.  It is Hersschners.  The yarn feels so nice to work with, and I love the little feature that you can see on the right side of the photo.  It is a "easy start" tag.  I've made a close-up so that you can see it better.  This is such a time saver!



Pogo's new jammies arrived yesterday, but we'll save those photos for tomorrow's post.  We did not make it out to do our errands yesterday, and I'm not sure we'll be able to do it today.  It all depends on how I feel later this morning.  Right now I'm fine, but I still have a few things to do before I can think about going out. 

Well, that's my news for today.  It's time to take my nebulizer meds.  (I'm using my portable nebulizer)  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh Edna,
You got some really good shots. The little stars around the eclipse is just gorgeous. What a great idea about the basin of water. We had little crescents in the leaves of the trees. I only saw them on the ground from my kitchen window. It didn't really get dark here, just like maybe a storm coming in but it was beautiful. I watched a lot of it on the computer. Safer for me since I didn't have the glasses.

Talking to you on the phone... (Nice Surprise) so I will close for now.

Love Beth and Cisco

smiekeltje said...

Those neighbours are hard-headed with their dangerous parking. Hopefully the passengers in the crashed car are okay.
Still strange that the police cannot do anything about that dangerous parking.
Lovely color-combination of your new afghan!
So you did get a little part of the eclips. Great idea of Helen with that basin of water.
And how is pogo doing now with eating? Sgtill picky or not? LOL
see you on next post .
Kyra