Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Oldies But Goodies

July 11, 2017

Good morning (for about ten more minutes!).  Goodness, Pogo and I were up really early this morning because he was hungry.  I did find-a-word puzzles for a little while and then we went back to bed.  When I finally got up to stay, I had a few things to do here before I could even sit down at my laptop. 

I'm trying to work up the energy to go grocery shopping.  We haven't run out of food but I really should go today.  However, if I don't make it, well then I'll just go tomorrow.  No biggie.  I guess that's one of the perks of being retired.  Not being rushed.

Yesterday, I did spend quite a bit of time on my "clean out" project.  Sad to say, most of my time was spent looking through old pattern books that I uncovered in a bottom desk drawer.  Among these patterns was a lot of crochet doll patterns.  I took a few photos of these pattern books so that I might share them with you.  If you see any that you like, let me know (email me at pogosma@gmail.com) or leave a comment here and I'll try to copy the patterns for you.






This pattern book is for toilet tissue covers.  I took photos of both the front and back covers.



I did find a pattern for a July doll, but I missed copying a part of the instructions so I'll re-photo it and post it later.  I do believe some or all of these patterns are for both standing dolls and bed dolls.  I'm sure you can also use a top from one pattern and the bottom from another (if you know how) to make a completely new pattern.   At any rate, they are all certainly beautiful and would make nice gifts.

There were a lot of other patterns (mostly ones that I zeroxed years ago) but I haven't gone through all of them yet.  **in case you don't remember, a zerox machine was a copy machine way back when. 

This morning, on the Jewelry Television channel, they are showcasing Southwest Style jewelry.  Some of this jewelry is downright gorgeous!  No, I'm not shopping, but it is soooo interesting to watch. 

I'm thinking that I really should get dressed and attempt to do my shopping while the temperature is still comfortable.  On that happy note, I think I'll get going.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Edna,
The Marissa doll pattern sure brings back memories as well as the toilet paper roll dolls. Oh my they are just gorgeous. I always wanted one when I was a kid. My grandmother didn't like me or my sister Linda so we were not the lucky recipient's of one of the dolls but my sister Susanne got one. Lucky her. Later on I actually found one and 2 pillows from a garage sale. I gave them to my niece when she was born.

I hope that all went well grocery shopping and you found a bunch of goodies! On my end, Karyn made Lasagna and garlic toast for dinner last night and brought me a plate. The boys had to fend for themselves lol.

Going to read your next blog. Hugs Beth xoxoxxo