Thursday, July 6, 2017

My Little Lion King Now Thinks He's A Dobie!

July 6, 2017

Good morning.  Woo Hoo!  Today I get my TV programs back because today I get a new cable box.  It's going to be so great to be able to watch a whole program again instead of just snippets of it. 

Okay, so you ask -- why do I even bother to watch the snippets of a program?  Why not just shut the TV off?  Well, I'll tell you.  It's company.  The noise from the TV sort of makes the place seem normal.  If I go out and leave Pogo at home, I always leave the TV on so that he does not feel as though he is completely alone.  It sort of works for us.

Yesterday was quite the busy day.  Pogo and I sat out on the porch for a while, then we came inside to do a few small chores.  I got a bit of crocheting done before it was time to leave for Pogo's appointment at the beauty salon.  I did promise to take a "before" and "after" photo of my handsome little guy.  Here is his "before" photo.


The photo was taken yesterday morning while we were relaxing out on the porch.  Later, after I picked Pogo up at the salon, he looked so different.  It was a complaint change from my little Lion King to a tiny Doberman.  (That's what he thinks he is sometimes.)  Here's his "after" photo.


When we got home from the salon, DIL Janet was already here so we all went to Wendy's to pick up some tasty take-out for supper.  Then we went back home and had our supper out on the porch.  Oh my, it was lovely!  There was a nice breeze so it was quite comfortable. 

Afterwards, Janet and I sat and chatted while we crocheted until it started to get dark.  Then we moved back indoors and tried to guess the outcomes of a couple of programs on the Investigative Discovery channel.  It was a different evening, but a fun one.

Today, sometime between 12 noon and 2 pm, the cable company will be coming by to install a new cable box.  Then sometime later today or tonight, Sears should be calling to let me know what time they are coming with the new refrigerator tomorrow. 

Other than my breathing problems, I do think I'm finally beginning to get myself back to normal.  It's been a long road this time.  Somehow, each year's bout with the colds and/or pneumonia seems to take a bit longer to heal than the year before.  Ah well, at least I'm still here to complain about it!  haha.

Well, I have a couple chores to finish before the cable guy gets here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Edna my little Pogo is just so handsome and I do believe that he just might be a Dobi... Awwww... You know I stole those pictures. Never know when a scrap page will arrive featuring our boy!!!

Great news about the cable box coming today. I totally understand what you mean about using it for company. I want to get a tv for my bedroom. I found one at Walmart for less than $200.00 that will be the perfect size for my bedroom. I can switch over to Netflix or Hulu also and then of course I can watch the cable programs on tv. I love to watch the History Channel and PBS and all of the other shows I enjoy.

I just woke up and my coffee is ready so I will talk to you later on. Hugs to both you and Pogo. Cisco will send greetings later on. Right now he is in his bed sleeping in. Lucky dog!!!! Beth

Nani said...

Well, I guess I just think Pogo is just a handsome boy! I think he makes an adorable fuzzy teddy bear and a debonair groomed puppy dog. I don't know that you've ever posted a "before" pic of him with that many curls showing all over, or it's been a while. But he is a beautiful dog either way!

I know what you mean about the TV. I don't necessarily watch everything is on TV but usually I have to have the TV on. Sometimes I can listen to my music library but even when it's on shuffle it can start to feel like it's playing the same thing. My phone and tablet have the same music library but different favorites when they're on shuffle. It's weird but they have songs that they play more than once in a day! Somehow seeing the local commercials make me feel less alone. Of course in the summer there's lots of baseball; that suits my soul. :D

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

Love Pogo's summer haircut - bet he feels as cool as he looks!

I understand completely the need for the TV for company. Even if I'm not watching it, I'm kind of listening as I go about my chores and also find it company. I don't have it on much in the daytime, but once the news comes on at 5:00 I'm in my chair with my feet up and playing games on the Kindle while I watch TV. It's how I wind down at the end of the day.
You have a great day today.

smiekeltje said...

I surely don;t know which Pogo I like more, the Lion King or Doby. I think it doesn;t matter really, he is handsome either way!
wonderful you had a great time with Janet. It is nice to be able to sit outside in summer when it is lovely weather.
Do you have some light at the porch in the evening?
It isn;t always necessary, but at times it can make it cozy.
Pfff, it is a long way to read all the posts in one session. I will have to do that in pieces next week, every two days or so a little reading.
I think I have one left to go.
Curious to know if the cable box did the work!
Hug
Kyra