Tuesday, July 4, 2017

HAPPY JULY FOURTH

July 4, 2017

Good morning.  It's nice outside at the moment, but soon it will be quite warm again.  Ah, but that's what summer is.  Hot, hot, hot.  We don't seem to be getting much rain lately, so hopefully we'll get some soon.

Well, yesterday was a day from hell.  Over the course of the day, I made several calls to the cable company, who in turn tried to fix my problem with the cable from over the phone.  Sad to say, nothing at all seemed to help.  I will need a new cable box.  However, no one can come out here with a new box until Thursday afternoon. 

So now there's my problem.  I'm addicted to TV.  All I can watch now is a few minutes, then the screen freezes.  Next it says it is going to reboot itself, please be patient.  This whole process takes a few minutes, and does not go back to the part of the program that I was watching.  Ah well, I suppose that bits and pieces are better than no TV at all. 

Did everyone enjoy a parade and maybe a local fireworks display?  Pogo and I stayed at home, but we heard the fireworks around 9:30 p.m.  After that, it was fairly quiet around here.  Mostly, I just crocheted until my eyes finally got tired. 

Well, I have an estimate for the driveway repairs, but it presents a whole new problem.  The contractor says that no one can drive on it for at least five to seven days.  This, of course, is a huge problem.  I can't ask anyone to park out on the street, and I can't ask them not to go to work.  Except for my car, the other vehicles are in and out of here at least twice a day.

I guess I'll have to make some more phone calls to find a way to make the repairs and still let cars in and out of here.  I've never heard of this particular problem before.  (about not being able to drive on the new stuff for so many days.)  Ah well, this can be today's project. Or maybe tomorrow's project.  I doubt if any companies are open today to take my call.

Here's an interesting image that I borrowed from the web.  It was made to help you understand the meaning of all the different symbols that are on your automobile's dashboard. (or wherever)  I think I like the Quishy Doofers one the best.


Well, I've finished my nebulizer meds, so I think Pogo and I will go out on the porch for a while before it gets too hot.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

All those problems, first with the contractor's stuff and then with the tv( they always seem to be quick to give you a new box when they don;t know what to do, LOL).
Hope that a new box will do the trick!
such things can easily spoil your whole day. and it takes a lot of effort not to let that happen to your mood!
Wishing you a lot of strngth!hahaha
Hug
Kyra