Sunday, July 16, 2017

A Fun Surprise!

July 16, 2017

Good morning.  It's looking quite nice outside my door.  The sun is shining and there is a slight breeze.  The temperature is still in the seventies (at least for a couple more hours) so it is quite comfy.  Pogo and I are just waiting for Joe to wake up so that Pogo can go out in to the house and have his turkey treat.

After that, my day is open to whatever we feel like doing.  Yesterday, I went poking through some old craft projects and found a pillow doll that I had started but never finished.  I brought it out and spent the afternoon and evening finishing the dress portion. 

Next I have to make the pillow base, as soon as I can figure out how to do it.  I did not find the pattern that I used for the dress, so I just sort of guessed at how to finish it.  Most all of the doll patterns have a pattern for a pillow base, so I guess I'll try to use one of those patterns.  If all of this turns out good, I think I'll try making another doll.

Deanne sent me a fun photo of some new lights that Kevin bought for his car.  Wow, how neat!  We used to call these disco lights.  They were such fun for us.  Enjoy them Kevin!!  They look awesome.


Remember last Fall I was wondering how to "over winter" some potted plants?  With a little research on Google, I found a way to do this and buried four potted plants beneath layers of mulch till Spring.  Once the plants were dug out, it looked like three of them made it through the winter.  Since then, only one plant has actually survived.  I don't remember the name of it, but it is pretty.


Now for a fun story.  Friday afternoon, Deanne and Janice came by with some groceries for me.  And Janice had a surprise for me.  It's an inflatable hassock.  Plus, she bought a really pretty cover for it that matches the rug on the porch.  The hassock is so that I have a way to put my feet up when I'm sitting out on the porch.  It works pretty good in my living room too!!  I love it.  Thank you so much, Janice.


I finally set a date with the construction company to fix the end of the driveway.  So unless something comes up or the weather interferes, they should be here the morning of August 3.  It would be nice to re-do the whole parking area, but the cost for all of that is a bit staggering. 

I think I may look into one of those shredding companies that come out to your home and do the shredding right there where you can watch.  It would certainly save me tons of work instead of trying to get my personal information off every piece of paper myself.  Well, it's an idea worth looking into to.

Lately I've been putting tiny pieces of deli ham on top of Pogo's doggie food to get him to eat the food.  Most of the time it has worked pretty well.  So last night I gave him a special treat.  I cooked up some expensive pieces of steak for our supper.  Oh my, yummy!  Pogo licked his plate clean and came back asking for seconds.  I gave him another plate of steak even though I knew he only wanted it so that he could have it later in the night when he got hungry again.  Of course, I ended up putting the plate in the fridge until his majesty asked for it close to midnight.  While he enjoyed his midnight meal, I had some peach yogurt.  Mmmm!

Now I think it's time for me to start getting busy around here.  So. till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

The Queen Jester said...

That hassock is perfect with the rug, they look like a set.

I've taken papers into the Office Supply stores to be shredded. They don't shred them in front of you, but they are placed into a locked container that holds them until the company that shreds takes over. Much easier than trying to shred them yourself. I did this when we sold the house and moved into the motorhome since we had years and years worth of papers that we didn't need anymore.

Hope your weekend is going nicely - getting humid here during monsoon season and I'm flying to Minnesota on Tuesday for a 12 day visit.