Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Today Is The First Day Of Summer!

June 21, 2017

Good morning.  Well, how about that!!  Today is the beginning of Summer.  It just seems like the year is passing me by too fast.  I have used the whole of Spring just trying to get back on my feet.  Folks, try not to get old too soon.  Healing takes so much longer when you get old.

Well, yesterday was not a good day for breathing, so I mostly just rested all day.  Hopefully, today will be better for breathing.  In a little while, I'll take my nebulizer meds, and then we'll see how it goes.

Today I'm going to try to figure out how to run an extension cord out to the porch so that I can plug in a fan out there.  That way, Pogo and I will be able to stay out there a bit longer.  I think I'll also go online and see if I can find a little bistro table to put on the porch.  Thank goodness for online shopping. 

A while ago, I saw an ad for copper brownie baking pans that had inserts for cutting the brownies into squares.  This was one of those deals where you could get a second item for just a small extra fee.  So, I bought it, and when it arrived, I gave the second one to Deanne.  She and the girls love to bake.  Yesterday, Janice sent me a photo of the fudge brownies they had just made in the new pan.


Yum!  Yum!  Now doesn't this look scrumptious?  Janice says she'll be over soon to bake me a batch of these delicious fudge brownies in my pan.  She just started a new job at a Five Below store and she loves it.  Hmmm, Pogo and I will have to pop in there one of these days.

Joe had yesterday off, so he went fishing at a couple of the local parks.  When he got home, he sent me a copy of this photo that he took with his phone of a swan family.  This is awesome, Joe.  Thank you so much for sharing. 


Soon, I'll have to start thinking about what to make for supper tonight.  DIL Janet will be coming by after work.  Unless I can think of something really tasty, we'll have Stouffer's Baked Macaroni and Cheese. This is her favorite meal, so I always try to keep a couple of these in the freezer.

Now I'm going to do a bit of blog reading while I  take my nebulizer meds.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

LV said...

I love brownies with nuts. However, have not seen this pan. Will check it out.

The Queen Jester said...

The brownies look amazing and I like the cutter for those perfectly sized pieces. That would have been good when the kids were little and would squabble over who got the larger piece.

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
Love the pan. How super cute!! and I like it with the inserts too. My mom use to make her brownies in the old fashioned tin ice cube trays. They sometimes stuck together but we didn't care. She would love this sweet little pan. I am glad that you got 2 of them. She use to use koolade and punch too and then put the ice cream sticks in so we could have little treats but the best of all is the old colorful tin glasses. A rainbow of colors. Red orange blue and green and a goldish yellow. When she made homemade ice cream she would fill those half way up and then we could eat them as they were or we could pour root beer over them for a float.

Loved the sweet swan families.... Just so precious... I am off to read your next blog. Hugs, Beth

smiekeltje said...

Hope the breathin got easier after you had the nebulizer!
it would be great if you could have a fan out on the porch. It just has to be safe with the plug and tread, so that you cannot fall over it!
A litte table there would be handy!
Hmm, those brownies look yummie(although I think I don;t know how they taste, cannot remember I tasted one in my life).
Great photo that Joe took of the swan family.
Going to your next post niw.
Hug
Kyra