Thursday, June 22, 2017

Pogo Is Full Of Surprises

June 22, 2017

Good morning.  It was a cool night, so I slept fairly well.  Except for breathing, all of yesterday and last night was pretty good.  I'm thinking that the high humidity these past few days is probably the reason I'm having trouble with the breathing.

My old air conditioner had a dehumidifier button on it, which is what I always used.  The a/c that I have now does not have this button.  So, I guess I'll be shopping for a new a/c soon.  I don't like to run the a/c very often because I just get sick from it.  I really only need the dehumidify action to keep me comfortable and breathing.

I must say though, that something is very right this morning.  My coffee tastes so good that it is almost gone, and I just made it.  I guess I'll be making another cup to take out to the porch after I finish this post. 

Well, I have bad news.  For me, at least.  I've been wanting to catch a glimpse of our baby robins when they get ready to leave the nest, but somehow I missed it.  Yesterday the nest was really quiet, and when Joe got home from work he checked it.  Guess what?  All the birdies were gone. 

Well, I hope they are all right.  There are lots of trees in my yard, so maybe they are all busy making new homes for themselves.  Maybe it's time for Mama and Daddy Robin to teach the youngsters how to catch worms and take care of themselves.

Yesterday, Pogo and I spent quite a bit of time out on the porch.  While we were out there, I made a bowl out of a bread wrapper and broke up several slices of bread to fill the bowl.  Pogo kept looking at me as if to say "how come the critters get all the goodies while I get the dog food?"  So I set the bowl of bread pieces on the floor, and Pogo helped himself to several pieces of the bread. 




Well surprise, surprise!  I did not know that my little guy liked bread.  When he had his fill, I took the bread and a bowl of peanuts and spread them around on the ground for the critters.  Blue Jays have eagle eyes.  They spot peanuts and they show up right away.  Also the chipmunks.  I have to say that I really enjoy watching them.

I noticed that one of the roses on the white rose bush was getting big and heavy and hanging down.  So I picked it and put it in a little vase of water.  Gosh, these blossoms are really so pretty.


While I was sitting out on the porch, it dawned on me that I could use the tall plant stand as a table until I can find one.  I set a small tray inside the top of the plant stand, and it actually worked out pretty good.


Later, DIL Janet came by and we had a really nice visit.  We had the Stouffer's baked macaroni and cheese for supper and did a bit of crocheting while we chatted and watched some TV.  All in all, it was a really nice day for me. 

Now it's time to make that extra cup of coffee and take it outside.  I'll have a new quick page for you tomorrow.  So, till then, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Hmm, Pogo likes bread. I guess that's good, there's something else that pleases him and that's always helpful to learn with our fur babies.

Too bad about the robins. I've noticed that too from my days in Wisconsin where it seemed they were too little to fly but then suddenly they are gone and off on their own.

How clever to use the plant stand as a side table. I need to think outside the box and look for some similar solutions for my deck. I may have to do some shopping today!

Unknown said...

Edna,

Awww perhaps you will see them again sometime. Bye Bye Baby Birdies....

Well I really like your creation with the stand. It is so amazing that we can be creative when we have a need to be. It looks like it is just perfect for what you needed. I am sure that you will find just the right one when the time is right.

I hope that you are breathing easier today. It is so hot here. But we did have a tropical storm in the Gulf. Tropical Storm Cindy was kicking up a fuss in Louisiana. Maybe she will take pity on some of the folks here in Texas and give us some rain.

Oh I just loved the pictures of Pogo and the bread. Our boy wanted some too.

I just got a call from my transportation driver and he is going to be here a bit early so I have to go.... Have an awesome day... Hugs, Beth

gypsyrose said...

I have been following your blog for a while now , you always make it sound interesting wish I could write better blogs. shame you missed the Robins Im sure they wont be far away and your roses are beautiful

smiekeltje said...

Wow, Pogo eating bread! That is something new. never thought doggies would like it.
Your plant stand as little table for the time being is a fantastiv idea!
and that rose is just looking so beautiful.
Happy to hear you did have a rather good night sleep.
Oh, about the dehumidifier: do you need it with airconditioniing(I hate airconditioning too, or could you just do with dehumidifier alone?
Warmth isn;t the biggest issue when breating is a bit difficult. It is the humidity, I know.
Hopefully air gets dryer again for you!
Oh, pity you didn;t see the little ronings fly out.
And on to the last post.
Hugs
Kyra