Sunday, June 18, 2017

Happy Father's Day

June 18, 2017

Good morning.  It's six o'clock and Pogo and I have both had our breakfasts.  It's his fault.  He woke me up awful early and insisted on having something to eat.  By the time I fed him and changed his pee pads, I was a wake and hungry myself.  Ah, the joys of pet-mamahood. 

Today will be another gorgeous day, and according to the weather forecast we should have the next five days with temps between 81 and 84F degrees.  How awesome!  Of course, it remains to be seen.

I want to wish a Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's, step-Dads, fur baby Dads, etc.  Pogo and I wish you an awesome day filled with sunshine, laughter and happiness.

This past Friday, Kevin and Janice came by and finished brushing the sealer on the inside of the porch.  Today it should be dry so that I can put things in their place on the porch.  Then Pogo and I can sit out for a while. 

I'm hoping to get out to the store today to do a bit of grocery shopping.  I don't need very much, but I have run out of a few things.  I also want to see what's available for a smaller table and chair set for the porch.  What I need is a small table to set my coffee cup on. 

I have a few photos to share that I took on Friday.  The first two are of the Robin parent.  I'm not sure if this is Mama or Daddy.  The sun was shining, and the colors of the Robin amidst all the red of the tree is just awesome.



My yard is such a happy place most days.  Here's a photo of the huge bush that greets everyone as they enter our driveway.


And, this year the pink rose tree is covered with lots of beautiful pink blossoms.  It is in front of the living room windows, near the front door to the house.


By my door, I have gorgeous pansies and begonias blossoming and a hanging spider plant.  Can you tell I love being surrounded by flowers and plants?



Friday afternoon I discovered that the brand new battery on my car was dead.  Yup, dead as a door knob!!  Kevin tried to jump start the battery, but it would not cooperate.  SIL Eddie stopped by on his way home from work to see what the problem might be. 

It seems that my battery was not tightened down very well and the cables were also loose.  It's a good thing I did not go anywhere before the battery died.  Eddie did not have his tools with him so he came back yesterday to fix the problem.  Thank you Eddie!

This week I will have to make a trip to the Post Office to buy more stamps.  There will be no mail going out until I do this .  While I'm there, I can mail off a box that I've been meaning to mail out since March.  Hmmm, I'm a tad bit behind this year, but little by little I'm catching up on a few things. 

Next, I think I'll go on-line to order a refrigerator for the main house.  I don't seem to get out long enough to shop for this particular article, so on-line will have to do for now.  I'll probably have to shop somewhere other than Sears because they don't accept credit cards over the phone.  Hmmm, is this something new this year?

Well, that's my news for today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

So this Autumn and.or winter Pogo will have a completely new outfit, made by you!
You always seem to find new projects to do. I am very lazy about it at the moment.
Wonderful that the kids finished the porch so you can enjoy all the wonderful plants and bushes and blooms you have in your garden.
We never can have enough plants in our garden, can we?
I was kind of a busy bee this late morning, you will read on my blog that I will update now.
Have a fantastic day, lots of great time at the porch and I am sure you soon will find a little table that will suite your needs.
Hugs
Kyra

Unknown said...

Edna,
So glad that Pogo wanted Breakfast. I knew once he got hungry enough he would eat. My Cisco has been throwing up. It seems to have stopped for now but he is still sleeping as he hung out with the guys last night and it was pretty good for awhile then he wanted "Mama" so Nathan brought him and his bed back to my room. He slept there for a while and went back to Nathan off and on.

Beautiful pictures!!! I love that Japanese red maple tree. Oh and the rose tree and spider plant and the bush is just gorgeous. The Robins are adorable. The little family is sure to do well with mama and daddy!

I am heading over to my blog as soon as I read Kyra's so have a wonderful day and love to you and Pogo!