Thursday, June 1, 2017

Congratulations Shane


June 1, 2017

Good morning.  Welcome to the new month of June!  Wow, do you realize that Summer will be here in three weeks?  Time is definitely marching on!  Here's the June page from my calendar.


I'm sorry about the late publishing of yesterday's post.  For some reason, once I finish typing the post and then click on "preview" to proof read it, everything freezes up and I end up having to shut down my laptop.  Then I have to wait a few minutes before re-starting my laptop so that the "frozen" problem doesn't interfere with things working on my laptop.  Later, I got busy and just forgot to try to publish the post, until this morning. 

This is the season for high school graduations, and one more of my grandchildren has just graduated.  This is Shane with his dad, Sean. (Sean is my hubby's youngest son.) Shane will soon be joining the United States Coast Guard.  Congratulations Shane, I'm very proud of you.


Yesterday, Kevin and Janicee came by.  Janicee worked on my pantry again (it's coming along nicely, thank you!) and Kevin did all my shredding.  He also went through a lot of magazines for me and carried everything out to the recycle bins. 

Later, Deanne and Jazzy stopped by for a short visit.  Pogo loves all our company, but when he sees "Auntie's" car coming in the driveway, he goes absolutely spazz!   Pogo absolutely loves his Auntie Dee! 

DIL Janet came by after work and we ordered take out for supper.  I was just too tired out to cook.  Besides, I've been wanting a spinach pizza for days now, so that's what we ordered.  Spinach pizza!  Mmmm, mmm, delicious!  I meant to take a photo of the afghan that Janet is making, but I forgot, so I'll take one next week.

I have a photo to share that daughter Audrey took.  This was the view from her porch a few days ago shortly after a storm passed through.  Audrey, this is beautiful.  Thank you so much for sharing.


That's about all my news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
What a wonderful photo of Shane and his dad. I wish him all the good fortune in the Coast Guard! I am so glad to know that he is going to help protect our great country.

The afghan is just gorgeous. I love it. I think that you deserve to keep something that you make for yourself. You have such a generous spirit so it is only right that you keep something for you.

I don't remember Moxie. It may not have been something that we had in our part of the country. I know that when I moved up to Indiana when I was 18 that there was a lot of things that I just could not buy there and my mom and sisters would send me a care package ever so often.
How delightful that you got to get into the Christmas Spirit visiting the Christmas Store. You my friend have great will power because I would still be in there meandering around!

Spinach Pizza sounds so good. I make a really nice Spinach Lasagna that is a bit hit with my family. I know that it is something that you would not enjoy as it has a lot of spices in it. Not plain but it can be adapted to your own taste.

Matt is here and we are off to do errands. Talk to you soon... Hugs, Beth and Cisco

LV said...

Another day has passed in your world. My life is too dull to share.

smiekeltje said...

Great photo of Shane and his Dad. Congratulations to them.
What a wonderful thing he will be joining the Coast Guard.
You had a lot of visiting there LOL!
So sweet of Janet to take care of your pantry and re-organize it.
she is a wonderful girl.
And then Pogo, of course, was so happy abut all the visits. This little guy is really a socializer!!!
Okay, on to the next post.
Kyra