Wednesday, June 14, 2017

A Welcome Break From The Heat

June 14, 2017

Good morning.  Wow, temps are down substantially today.  About twenty degrees!!  Woo Hoo!  The sun is shining and there's a lovely breeze.  It's going to feel oh so good sitting out on the porch today. 

Yesterday was quite hot, and I went outside a few times to make sure my plants had water.  When the temps get into the 90's, my plants tend to wilt and fall over dead.  Oh no!!  So I keep a bottle of water out on the porch just for the plants.  Needless to say, I have to refill the bottle several times a day.

Today I have photos that I took a few days ago of some of our little yard critters.  They are all really happy when I toss out a bowl of peanuts for them to share.  Aren't they cute? 




I also have a photo of our cat Blackie.  In the evening, he loves to sit on the arm of Joe's chair and have Joe pet him and scratch his head.   Blackie tries so hard to be lovable, and he loves for us to give him lots of attention.  But, then he'll turn around really quick and try to bite us.  We expect this, so we don't get bitten very often anymore.  I think it may have to do with how he was treated before he came to live with us.


******I'm back!  I took a short break to place an order on-line for a birthday gift.  When these bargains come up I have to scoop them up right away.  Birthdays and holidays have a way of sneaking up on me rather quickly and I don't like being unprepared.

This month there are a lot of birthdays and an anniversary.  There are birthdays for my son, my stepson, my granddaughter and my grandson, and Janet and Scott's anniversary.  Goodness, I  think I got them all.  One thing about having a large family is that it gets difficult to remember all the birthdays and anniversaries.  (I had a list, but I lost it)

Now it's time for me to pay some bills before Pogo and I head on out to the porch.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

LV said...

Have many of these critters. They are cute to watch when playing, but can be destructive at time.

Unknown said...

Edna,
Lovely pictures and so glad to hear that the air is cooler. I am making this short. Just home from the dentist. Only took 2 today due to my blood pressure going up and so we had to stop. One was embedded really deep so it took work to get it out. I am hurting and so going to go and lay back down... Just wanted to comment. Hugs, Beth