Tuesday, May 9, 2017

It's "Be Kind To Animals" Week

May 9, 2017

Good morning.  Tis cloudy today with temps in the low 50's.  There is a breeze, and my flag looks lovely waving against a bright green background.  The leaves on the trees are full size now, so it's quite pretty when I look out my door.

Before I forget, (I'm very good at forgetting lately) this is "Be Kind To Animals" week.  I think it should be like this every week all through the year.  So, do something nice for the animals around you.  You'll feel ever so good when you do.


Last night's newspaper ran an article that brought back so many memories for me.  I grew up as a teenager in Weymouth, MA, and my first job (other than babysitting) was as the cashier at the local theatre.  A couple has bought the theatre and has refurbished it, leaving a lot of the original design.  Of course, today it has comfortable recliners instead of the old seats.  I'm not a movie goer anymore, but gosh this makes me almost want to go back to the Cameo Theatre to watch a movie.  (photo is from the Ledger newspaper)


Today I think I'll do some laundry.  Then maybe I'll go through a couple new piles of magazines and junk mail.  Gosh, they build up so fast!  My bag of shredding stuff is beginning to fill up again so it's time to do a bit of shredding too.  Goodness, if I make it through all of these chores I'll be surprised.

This is a very busy week for Deanne with last minute fund raisers for the Drama Club, taking Jazzy back and forth to rehearsals and working her own job.  The high school will be putting on their big performance "Sister Act - the Musical" this coming weekend.  I would love to go but there is a lot of walking and a lot of stair climbing involved.  Hopefully, the school will have a video made, and I can get a copy of the DVD to watch.

Well that's about it for today.  If I don't start these chores now, they won't get done.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Morning Edna,
Oh I love that they are fixing up the theater. How awesome. We have one in my home town too called The Palace. Quiet a few celebrities come every year for concerts and such. We also have a new Old Fashioned Ice Cream Soda shop that my sister and husband and friends enjoy. I haven't been yet but would love to go.

The crepe myrtles are finally budding out and blooming. I was over at Karyn's yesterday and hers is getting full and is white. Ours is a dark pink and they will be pretty when they are in full bloom. While we were out yesterday I noticed that all of the plants on display at the stores are looking really sad. Usually they have such a gorgeous display but everything looks sickly and they are still very pricey.

I hope that you have a fabulous day and give Pogo lots of love from me and Cisco...
Love Beth

LV said...

Glad you are feeling like doing a few chores. Just take one day at a time and make the best of it.