Monday, April 3, 2017

Still Working On Fixing My Meds

April 3, 2017

Good morning.  I have to tell you that yesterday turned out to be a rather nice day in spite of me.  Deanne, Jasmine and Janicee came by for a visit.  Deanne and Jasmine did some grocery shopping for me while Janicee shredded a whole bag of stuff for me. 

While Deanne was doing the shopping, she picked up my newest meds.  Oh Boy!!!  All messed up!!!  I did not look at them right away, but last evening I laid them all out on the carpet and took photos of them.  Then I put them all back in the bag.  This morning I will call the pharmacy (and the doctor's office) to find out why they are messed up so bad. 

I just called the car insurance company about all the names that they want to add to my policy.  I explained that only my little dog lives with me and Pogo does not drive.  The lady on the phone tried to tell me that this was a law that has always been, and I told her that I had never heard of it before.  It seems that now the insurance companies check with the registries at the city and town halls to find out who is registered at what address, and then they send out their nasty little letters. 

The sun came out yesterday, and the temps rose to the low fifties.  Pogo enjoyed laying on a scatter rug in front of the storm door while the sun warmed him.  I'm hoping that today will be just as nice.  I love it when we can keep the inside door open all day.

Yesterday, Deanne sent me a photo of her first Spring flowers.  Aren't these beautiful??


The recent winter storm brought us a lot of rain mixed with snow.  This left one side of my yard looking like a big pond.


Most all of the water is gone now.  We still have piles of snow here and there around the yard, but I'm sure that a couple more days in the fifties will take care of most of the snow.  I'm hoping now that SIL Eddie can come over really soon and remove all the screen covers from the porch. 

I was up in the middle of the night, so I boiled some eggs.  Today I'll make egg salad.  I've been trying different things to eat, but nothing seems to taste good anymore.  I suppose this is good if one wants to lose weight, but instead it just leaves me hungry enough to keep nibbling on things.  Hmmm, seems like a catch 22. 

Well, that's about it for this morning's news.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Edna,
So did they take the others off of your policy and a rate drop? Did you call a couple of other insurance companies to see if this policy is truly a law? It just does not seem right to me that they can do this but they seem to do what ever they want to when they want to. No one has access to your car but you. It isn't like you leave the keys laying all over the place.

Sorry I don't mean to be crabby but insurance company's really drives me crazy always trying to take advantage of people.

I am sorry that your meds are once again messed up. That is really inconvenient for you. It is kind of scary too because what if you hadn't looked at them when you did? The doctors and pharmacist should communicate better. I don't understand why they don't.

Well I hope that your weather stays pretty from here on out. We had a tornado that hit a marina yesterday. It was 8 miles from us. It tore up a lot of stuff. Houses, roofs, restaurants and the docks. No one was injured thankfully. It was scary for a lot of people and then we had straight line winds at 75 to 80 miles per hour. It was scary here that is for sure. Almost took our door off.

So glad that you had help yesterday. Your very lucky to have such a wonderful daughter and grandchildren and Janice to help you.

Jonathan is coming home for lunch. I haven't been able to sleep. My legs jerked and cramped up last night. They didn't really hurt but made me restless. I was going to try and sleep after Jon went to work but it hasn't happened. I am going to get me and Cisco some lunch so I will talk to you later... Hugs to you and Pogo, Love Beth

LV said...

It is a shame you have to take so much medication. The less you can take,the better. I do not understand why they have messed yours up so. Thankful, I only take two - one daily. Hang in, it will get better.