Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Old Is Still Beautiful To Some Folks

April 5, 2017

Good morning.  Today shall be gray and wet.  At least that's what the forecast says, and looking outside confirms it.  It's okay.  All the pretty little plants that are pushing their way up through the earth are needing the rain to help them grow. 

I, on the other hand, need the sun.  Everything feels better when the sun is shining.  Especially me.  Even Pogo is different when the sun is shining.  He loves to lay in the sun and nap.

Yesterday was a pretty good day.  I cooked a big pot of pasta and meat sauce.  Pogo and I enjoyed a plate of this, and then I put it away for tonight.  Every now and then Pogo likes to have a bit of pasta.  He just sits and looks at my plate, then at me, then at my plate, then at me.  You get the picture.  Some of his language is pretty easy to understand.

I spoke with daughter Audrey last evening, and she is picking up parts that will go in her new bathroom.  She likes things that are different and very old looking.  Here's pictures of the sink and toilet topper that she wants. 



When I was a little girl, we had a toilet in the basement, with a tank top like this one, only the chain on ours was long and made of chain.  This is the water tank.   As for the sink, I've never seen one like this one.  Enjoy Sweetie!!

I'd like to do something today, but I'm not sure what, so maybe I'll just settle for a nap.  Maybe I'll think of something to do later.  Maybe laundry, or pay bills.  Hmmm, I'll have to think about that.  Right now, I think I'll see about what we can have for lunch.  There are two marathons on TV today.  One is Law And Order, and the other is NCIS.  Looks like I'll be busy watching TV. 

On that note, I'll take my leave for today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Edna,
I really love the photos and I know that Audrey's bathroom will be amazing. I have just got up and have had a horrible might. Sleep, not sleep, toss and turn. It seems to be getting the best of me lately.

I am reading a really good book so that helps me a lot. It takes my mind off of sleeping. I try not to read to much before bed tho. Karyn is at a work conference, Matt is back at work, Jonathan is working over time this week and Nathan is off today. He will be giving up his night shift. That is going to cut into his hours but it is for the best. It is afternoon and Cisco is still sleeping. I am having coffee.

Have a wonderful day and I hope that the sun starts shining soon... xxx Beth and Cisco.