Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Wonders Of Modern Technology

February 21, 2017

Good morning.  Tis sunny with the temperature at 38F degrees.  Today will climb to the mid 40's.  For ten days in a row, our temps are supposed to be between 42 and 62 degrees.  I can definitely handle this!!  Only six more days, and Pogo and I will be in warm, sunny Florida.  Yes, yes, yes!!

It seems like I'm keeping busy these days, yet I don't seem to be accomplishing all that much.  I wonder, do all retirees find this to be true?  The tiniest of projects seems to take up most of my time.  I mean, this new phone is wonderful (I guess), but it does not come with a manual to tell you what is what and how it works.

It only took me about two hours and finally some help from my daughter Deanne to figure out how to save some photos that she had sent to me from her phone.  She even had to help me figure out how to answer my phone when it rang.  First, I had to make sure the sound was on, and up high enough for me to hear.  Next, it took a while to figure out how to find the speaker. 

Every little icon is a whole new adventure.  Do you know what is sad?  Any child could probably pick up this phone and figure it all out in just a very short time.  Don't misunderstand me.  I'm not saying that my mind has gotten feeble with old age.  I guess I'm saying that as we age, our brains  are not adjusting as quickly to these new age technological wonders.

I suppose I could always go to Walmart and buy myself a Trac Phone.  No fuss, no muss.  Just poke some buttons, make a call.  Poke another button, end the call.  Obviously, this would be easier, but then I would not have all these brain teasing hours of adventures.

Today, I'm waiting for the mailman to bring me a package.  I ordered a set of lenses to use with my new phone, and I'm anxious to try them out.  So far, this phone seems to take nice photos, but the new lenses are supposed to make the photos even better.  We'll see.

Right now, Pogo is busy at the door, barking at the big blue trucks out front, as they pick up the trash.  He takes his job as my protector very seriously.  Today he will get an extra treat.  First the mail man will be coming by.  Pogo loves to bark at our mailman.  After that, we'll be getting a fuel oil delivery.  Pogo also loves to bark ferociously at the driver of the oil truck. 

Today I'll share a couple more of those wonderful pictures that my friend sent to me recently.  Do you think you'd like to have a turn on this swing? 


 
Well, now I must get busy and wash our breakfast dishes, and maybe even push around a few dust bunnies.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day!
 
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Edna,
I love the Zonkey.... Too cute and I love to swing but that sort of terrifies me... lol.

It use to be that when you ordered an electronic that they sent you a manual to help you figure things out. Now it is all on the computer. You have to go to the website, find your phone and read read read! I still cannot figure out how to scan my pics into my computer. So far I hit the buttons but I don't know where my images go!

I am having a not so good day. Even with nice clean bedding, sleep was elusive for me. I just wake up so hot and thirsty as well as I toss and turn, but my legs didn't hurt last night. Jonathan just keeps this house too hot for me. I am sure that something is wrong with my boy. At 75 F he is freezing. But then again so is Karyn and Nathan and Matthew. Laurie use to freeze as well but after Dante was born she is constantly hot as well. So I guess that it is just me.

I bet that you can't wait until those 65 degree days hit.. Whooo Woooo! It is 80 degrees here today. It is warm for me. They said that it should stay like this all week.

Give my love to Pogo. I can't wait to get to Florida and cuddle with him. You should have seen Cisco today. I was laying on my bed playing a game and Matt came in and laid across the bed to talk to me and Cisco was not having it at all. He got right between us and under the cover so Matt couldn't get any closer to me. But the reverse happened to me when I leaned over at one point to kiss Matt on his cheek. Cisco whined like a baby. Real Tears in his eyes as he nudged his way between us. That was before the under the cover incident. He was jealous! Only problem is... was he jealous because Matt was close to me? or was he jealous that I might get close to Matt? Doesn't really matter, Matt deserted me and then Cisco cuddled with me 5 minutes then he deserted me! Ohhh the joys of our babies.

I think that I will lay down and read awhile. Too late for a cat nap. It would only make sleep more difficult tonight.. Have a great day. Love Beth