Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Feeling A Bit Perkier Today

February 15, 2017

Good morning.  Tis cloudy and cold this morning.  It's just 28F degrees, but it may work up to around 40 degrees later today.  I guess it's a good day to be indoors working on finishing up my  tax stuff.  Yesterday, I did get a lot done, but there's still a bit left to do.  I'm feeling better about it now though.

Later today I'll have to start my "count down" list of things to do before Pogo and I leave for vacation.  There are lists of phone numbers to type, and reminders to not forget to water the plants, feed the birds and check the water in the bird bath.  I also need to make up a box for all my mail to go in. 

By next weekend, I'll be packing my suitcase for real to make sure everything fits.  Hopefully, all the bills coming due will come in before I leave, and I think I'll call the fuel company and have them make a delivery before I leave.  I don't want to have any worries on my mind during my vacation.

Last evening, Deanne, Eddie, Jazzy and Kevin took Janicee out to dinner for her birthday.  They had a great time, and Deanne sent me some photos from her phone that I'll share here.  The first one is the birthday girl, Janicee.  Next is a photo of her and Kevin, and then a photo of all three kids; Janicee, Kevin and Jazzy.  Gosh, I am so very blessed!




Last night, Pogo and I turned in really early.  After supper, I did a couple jig saw puzzles on my laptop, then it was nite nite time.  The downside of going to bed so early is, of course, being wide awake in he middle of the night.  But the stress of dealing with the tax stuff makes me really tired.  I have never figured out what it is about the tax stuff that freaks me out so much.  I just don't like dealing with it at all.  However, once it is all finished, I feel really good.

Yesterday afternoon, I put in a call to my accountant to ask a few questions about which categories to put a few items in, and once I get all my columns added up, I can call him again to make an appointment to bring everything to him.  Woo Hoo!!  I'm actually going to make it!!

Gosh, I sound coo coo, right?  Now there's a word you don't hear very much any more.  I just looked it up on Google, and it has several meanings.  Coo coo means "crazy", or it can mean "cool", or it can be something you can cook and eat.  I thought it only meant crazy.  Hmmm, I learn something new every day. 

Goodness, I almost forgot.  I have to call Pogo's groomer to see if she can fit him in before we leave.  He likes to look spiffy when we go away.  Can you blame him?   Ah well, it's almost breakfast time, so I'll take my leave now and go feed my little guy.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good Morning,

Oh you are Blessed indeed. It looks like Janice had a wonderful birthday! All 3 kids have really grown up a lot. These last 2 years they have turned into some lovely young individuals. Kevin looks so tall! It really feels good to look at your pictures of the kids and see how happy they all seem to be.

It was a long day for me yesterday and it was after 6:00 pm when I got home. I fell into a deep sleep and slept until almost 10:00 pm and then I was awake for hours. So I understand what it is like to go to bed too early.

It seems that I might have some carpel tunnel starting in my right elbow and wrist. I was given a topical ointment to put on it, some samples. They called me yesterday to say that my insurance declined the prescription. I asked how much it was and the lady said $2,000.00 and I told her that they could keep it!!!! Can you believe that it cost that much for some cream to go on to my elbow?

I hope that you and Pogo had a wonderful day in spite of the tax stuff. Oh I know that you will be taking care of all the little things so you don't have to worry about it while your away. Not that the tax thing is a little thing. That would be a big thing to get out of the way.
I am headed to the kitchen for more coffee. Talk to you soon! Love Beth and Cisco, who has deserted me. Nathan is home today so he is hanging out with him... Much love!