Thursday, December 15, 2016

Time To Finish Your Shopping!!

December 15, 2016

Good morning.  My goodness, look at the date!  In ten days, it will be Christmas Day!!  Just ten more sleeps, and we can look to see what Santa Claus brought.  I always remember the meaning behind this special day, but I love Santa too. 

Well, all my packages have been mailed, (except for one)  and the last batch of cards is ready for the mailman.  That last package is for friends who are away on vacation, so I'll mail it later to arrive after they get home. 

I had an appointment this morning to take my car in for a check up, but oops!!  I just checked my calendar book to see what time I have to leave, and --- oh no!!  My appointment was for yesterday!!  I'll have to call and apologize and see if they can re-schedule. 

It seems that lately I have become so scatterbrained.  I spent about twenty minutes a couple days ago looking for my glasses.  I found them on my face!  DUH!!  Maybe after Christmas is over, my brains will unscramble themselves. 

Is all your Holiday shopping done?  I only have a couple small things to pick up and mine is done.  Here's a great idea for you if you still need a special gift.  At Easy Canvas Prints, they've been running some great specials on canvas prints.  I've had a few prints done by this company, and I've been very happy with all of them.  Get creative, and try it.  https://easycanvasprints.com.

My daughter loved this photo (of her granddaughter) that she took with her cell phone.  I removed the background, made a new one, enlarged the photo and had it printed on canvas.  My daughter loves it!  Here's the original photo and the one on canvas.



I think it's time for me to either get dressed or put on my fuzzy bathrobe.  It's beginning to feel a bit cool in here.  Outside, the temperature is in the upper 20's.  It will be getting steadily colder all through the day and night.  When we get up tomorrow morning, the temperature will be around 3 or 4 degrees F.  Brrrrr!  Not my cup of tea!!

On that note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Edna,
I just finished a comment to you and when I went to post it, it said Bad Error 404... so it is gone but who knows, it might be in cyber space and land on your blog anyway.
But Karyn is putting your box in the mail at the Post Office today. I will send you a tracking number when I get one.
I will go for now... I wonder where my in cyber space my comment to you is?
Love, Beth and Cisco

smiekeltje said...

Hapens to me too at times that forgot were I put a thing. Probably happens when I am thinking of too much things at the same time.
almost done with Christmas shopping for Christmasdinner.
Perhaps will get me a few things today that I still need for it..
Our weather still not bad, sometimes a bit too greyisch, but mostly dry.
Next week it will get a few degrees colder, I think mostly because change of windirection. When we get SE or N or NE it is't good for nice temperatures,brrrr.But we are lucky that there isn;t much wind
Oh, I received your Christmascard! Thank you, it is a lovely one.
Mine is in the box.
Okay, that's all for now,
have a wonderful day,
Hug
Kyra

Nani said...

I think Christmas prep scatters all of us. Im wrapping and packing today and shipping probably Monday. Priority mail, so it should get there in. At least I know if your tax gets to you late, you’ll open it right away, hehe. But really, I think things will all get where they’re going on time. (except my Aunt’s Christmas card and a couple train cards which are going to San Marino and Canada respectively)

What a beautiful photo of your great granddaughter and the canvas one is terrific!

I need to get ready for my aide to get here. We have about 5 hours of tasks to do in 3 this morning! With us luck with that! :)

Hugs, Nani

Annesphamily said...

I love that photo! I think I am addicted to canvas. I have a painting of Jesus. The artist was Richard Hook and the painting was called a Hook Head. Richard Hook was married to Frances Hook. She created beautiful figurines of children and when I was a kid she painted the children who advertised Northern bathroom tissue. My mother had ordered those prints for me and I still have them! Anyway I had the canvas b/w of Jesus and it hangs in our living room. My high school buddy worked at the Scripture Supply store and he bought that painting for me. I had a chalk drawing of my mom put on canvas too. Noelle's friend Cindy drew my mom from a photo. I also had a photo of a windmill and had it done for my hubby who spent all his summers on his grandparents farm. He loves windmills. The photo was small so they could not do a very big canvas It is very sweet though. One day perhaps I will find a large windmill to put on a large canvas for him.
I am glad I stopped by. I am so far behind catching up everywhere. Take care. xo