Friday, December 23, 2016

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

December 23, 2016

Good morning.  Oh my gosh, tomorrow night is Christmas Eve.  That means all good children and fur babies need to be in bed and sleeping early because Santa Claus will be coming.  I have to say that this is one of my favorite nights of the year.  Santa always finds a few minutes to linger over a cup of hot chocolate when he gets to my house. 

You believe, don't you?  I do.  Santa Claus is a magical being.  He's the love and goodness in all our hearts.  Children the world over try to stay awake and watch the skies all night in hopes of catching a glimpse of Santa and his reindeer flying through the sky.  Of course, the children all eventually fall asleep and miss this wondrous sight.  But in their hearts, they know they'll try again the next year.

Well, yesterday I was going to go out to do a quick errand, but I got involved with a few other things and never made it out.  I'll have to do it this morning though, because I don't really want to go out tomorrow.  First though, I will wait for the mailman to get here.  Hopefully, he'll get here early.

One of the things that side-tracked me was trying to finish decorating my little Christmas tree.  Finally I decided to pack it back in its box, and put up my tiny Christmas tree and my angel instead.  This little tree scene and the snow couple were gifts several years ago from my DIL Janet.  The angel was a gift several years ago from my daughter Deanne, and all the little ornaments in the front were gifts from other folks over the years.  I think it looks quite pretty.


I have our packages all lined up in front of the bookshelf where my Christmas tree is set up.   Pogo is going to have such a grand time on Christmas morning when we open everything.  He just loves going through all the packages.  I'm just as much of a kid as Pogo is.  I love opening everything too.  The child in my heart loves the magic of the season.

Now I need to get dressed and be ready to run out to do my errands.  Pogo and I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas, a Happy Hanukkah, a Happy Kwanzaa and a fantabulously wonderful New Year.  May you be blessed in the new year with happiness, good health and prosperity.

Till Sunday, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
Oh I do so love the magic of Christmas! It is such a joy and I am such a kid at heart and can't wait to see what Santa has brought me. I know that the gifts come second to the meaning of Christmas, but what a joy. I am a giver and try to give all of the time. Sometimes it doesn't really work out that way but I sure try!
I really love seeing Christmas thru the eyes of a child. What magical essence of the wonder in their eyes and little faces! It is truly the most wonderful time of the year.

Your tiny tree and snow angels and all of your decorations are just gorgeous. I am glad that you got side tracked and managed to get this done. It is so pretty. The days here are very mild so my plants, including my tree are getting some good sunlight.

I had a horrid time keeping my sugar up yesterday. It kept dropping on me so I felt rather fuzzy for a big portion of the morning and evening. I am feeling much more like myself today so I think that I will pop over to my blog and give it an update... Have a wonderful day... Pogo is going to be so happy opening his gifts from Santa! I hope that you get some good pictures!
Hugs, Beth and Cisco... (That bratty boy is sleeping right next to Nathan, all cuddled up!) But that is ok. He will be by my side as soon as he goes to work haha...

smiekeltje said...

It seems to happen to us often, that we get side-tracked LOL!
But in the end we always get the things done we need, so nothing to worry about. That arrangement with the angel and all decorations looks so sweet.
The magic of Christmas always stays and comes back every year.And that is a good thing and we should never loose that feeling.
Have to wait just a few hours more before opening the presents. That will be when Jan comes home from the volunteering.
In the mean time that he is out I can dress our little table and prepare all for our dinner and then I am sure we will have a great evening.
Take care Edna and Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas with Pogo!
Hug
Kyra