Friday, December 30, 2016

I'll See You All Next Year!!!

December 30, 2016

Good morning.  Today is cold, but the sun is shining.  A lovely way to end the year.  Yesterday's rain came intermittingly, and changed over to snow around suppertime.  We only got about an inch, just enough to cover everything.  Already a little of it has melted. 

Yesterday, I was going to take more photos, but I did not get around to it, so I'll do it today.  It was just sort of a lazy day for me.  I did wash the dishes and feed Pogo though, so all was not lost.  This morning I got caught up a bit on my blog reading, so today is starting out a bit perkier. 

My plans for today are to set up my new induction burner and try it out.  I may even try out one of my new pans.  Today might be a good day to make a pan of pasta and sauce.  Mmmm, yup, that sounds downright tasty! 

Pogo has been more picky than usual lately, so I'm not really sure what to cook for him.  Last night he turned up his little nose at a very tasty steak.  I guess I'll have to eat it for him.  Oh yes, in my house it is definitely okay to eat off the doggie dish.  As long as you like your food cut up into very small pieces.  Most of the time you'll be eating steak or hamburger.  Even bacon.  Sometimes I cook up some bacon to tempt my little guy into eating. 

I found a couple photos on the web that I think are simply beautiful, and wanted to share with you here.  I found them on a site named HypeDojo.  Can you tell I love animals?



I was thinking of going grocery shopping this morning, but daughter Deanne is going to be stopping by, so maybe I'll go later.  I don't really need very much so it won't matter if I don't go at all.  Pogo and I have plenty of food in the house. 

Now I think I'll get dressed and tidy up the place a bit.  It will be nice to sit and chat with my daughter for a while.  This will be a very busy weekend, and the next time I see her, or all of you, will be in the New Year. 

On that note, let me wish all of you a safe and happy New Year's Eve.  Please remember to take along a designated driver if you're planning to go partying and have a drink of two.  Y'all have a fantabulous day now, and a Happy New Year.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy New Year to you and Pogo, Edna. It has been a pleasure reading your blog this past year and hope to see you in 2017. Have a good weekend and stay safe.

Annesphamily said...

Happy New Year Dear friend to you and Pogo! I hope 2017 is filled with blessings of good health and good friends and phamily too. I love the card with Pogo on it. He is such a pampered prince. But so shiny and beautifully handsome! I love your stories of his picky eating habits! I do not know anyone who doesn't love bacon. Hee Hee Hee!

We had a warm day in the low fifties. Tomorrow who knows, I keep hearing we are all going into a deep freeze soon. Happy New Year 2017 I think, stay warm!

xo
Anne

smiekeltje said...

Happy New Year, Edna and may all good things come your way!!! Hope you had a good New Year's eve.
Yes, it is New year's morning here and all is very quiet out at the street i guess a lot of people are still sleeping after a long night LOL.
Our evening was a quiet one, but nice. We watched some nice things on tv and the fireworks , also looked a bit out of the window at the fireworks people had in the neighbourhood.
It was good we were home with our Brodski. He didn;t like it at all, all that noise
First he found a safe place which was under our bed and later he came in the room with us, but very nervous.
Fireworks aren;t any good for our pets or any animals at all.
We will have a very quiet day, as start of the New Year. Still grey outside and rather unpleasant, so we will stay in.
Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra