Friday, December 16, 2016

I Think My Toes Are Frozen

December 16, 2016

Good morning.  Brrrr!  It's only 5F degrees this morning.  However, I just looked up the weather for La Crosse, Wisconsin and it's much colder there.  Well not at the moment, but tomorrow night it will be -15 degrees, and Sunday will range from a high of -5 to a low of -17.  Now that's downright cold!!

I guess I don't have to tell you that I won't be moving to La Crosse anytime soon.  It's really beautiful there, but I'm not so crazy about the cold temps.  Of course, I'm not so crazy about our cold temps either.  I'm definitely a warm weather bunny!

Well, I don't think I really accomplished very much yesterday, but I was busy most of the day.  A couple items that I had ordered from the shopping channel arrived.  One goes under my little tree.  It's a present from Pogo.  I wasn't really going to buy it, but he kept saying "Go ahead, Mom.  You deserve it."  So I ordered it!!  The other box is a Christmas present for someone else.

Last evening, I was watching the shopping channel and they were showing a brand new induction burner.  I've been shopping around for a new one.  My burner doesn't let me choose the cooking temperature that I want.  It goes up or down in increments of 25 or 50 degrees. 

This new burner changes temperature in increments of 5 degrees.  Much better!!  So of course I ordered it.  It also comes with a really nice cooking pan.  Sad to say, it did not come in apple green, yellow or orange.  So, I will be getting a graphite colored burner and a jet black pan. 

Daughter Deanne sent me two new photos of Jasmine.  These were taken at her high school where she has been busy in a new drama production.   Pat, pat, pat.  (that's me giving myself a pat on the shoulder!  I'm a very proud old lady!)



I have another photo to share.  This is the first wooly caterpillar that I've seen this Winter.  (I know, Winter doesn't start for a few more days, but we're definitely having Winter weather.)  It's not the fuzziest one I've ever seen, so I'm not sure what it has to say about the weather we're in for.


Tonight I'm going to try working on some new quick pagers.  Hopefully, I'll have a couple new ones for you on Sunday.  Tomorrow morning, I have a new appointment to take my car in for a check up.  I had an appointment for the other day, but I got my dates wrong.  Hopefully, the temperatures will be warmer tomorrow.  I can't breathe very good in this wicked cold.

Well, that's my news for this morning.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend. 

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Edna,

Beautiful photos of Jasmine. Such a beautiful girl and I know that your heart goes pitty pat as well as the pats on the shoulder and back. I think they are both striking photos.

Thank You for the update on La Crosse Wisconsin. As you know, my son and his fiancé live there. They actually wanted me and Karyn to come up this week, but she couldn't get the time off work and I had a doctor appointment that I really didn't want to reschedule and now I am so happy that we did not attempt the trip. We were planning on renting a car and having a nice little car trip.
But No I don't blame you for not wanting to move there. I have not heard from my son either so I better try and call him as I know that he was supposed to be working at the main location in La Crosse this week. It really worries me that he might be out in these kind of tempetures. 12 hour shifts too. So it has me a bit worried.
I think that IF we do decide to make a trip, my daughter and I, it will be summer time. But HOPEFULLY he and Barbara will be moved back to Texas by then. I have my fingers crossed anyway.

So good to know that you have found a new induction burner. it would have been nice to have gotten it in the colors that you would have liked but I bet that you will be pleased with it.
Ohhhh and a Christmas presents from Pogo... Your so LUCKY...
I must run. I have a zillion things to do so I will speak to you soon. I sent you an email with a tracking number. Cisco insisted... (Smile)... Hugs, Beth

The Queen Jester said...

Well, now you know why we left La Crosse WI and moved to Arizona for the winters. My son has an irrigation business and plows snow in the winter, so the more snow they get the more money he makes, although he gets tired of the odd and long hours this entails.

Jasmine is turning into a very beautiful and accomplished young lady, you have every right to be proud of her.

smiekeltje said...

Of course you are proud of Jasmine and with every right!!Lovely photo.
Brrr, temps you have now isn't my cup of tea either and I am certainly NOT moving to La Crosse WI!!!
If I did have the means to go anywhere else, well, I first would think it over very thourough but it certainly would be somewhere where they will have almost all year through nice temperatures, so perhaps somewhere in Spain, or Portugal, or Malta.
Long summers, not very much winter, wonderful
Oh my Pogo is good to you, sending a present under the tree! I am curious to know what it will be.
Great you found a new induction burner that will do what you want from it. Okay, not in a happy color, but that isn;t the most important.
just returned from a trip to city centre. It was nice, I had a good look around, was tempted several times to buy something but I stayed firm and didn;t. Good girl hmmmmm?
Now soon will take something to eat, and install myself on the couch and wait for Jan to come home. And there is today the final of the Strictly come dancing show on the BBC, whooppee!
It will be a long one, almost 2 1/2 hours. Fantastic.
Have a wonderful day
Hug
Kyra

Annesphamily said...

Jasmine is one stunning young lady! You certaibnly deserve to be super proud! You are both blessed to have each other in your lives. Gorgeous shots.
I did most of my CHRISTmas shopping on line. So easy and then wrap and rest! Hee hee!
I may see urgent care. I can not seem to get this cough out of my life! It interrupts my sleep too.
enjoy the week dear friend and stay warm.

xo