Thursday, December 22, 2016

Don't Forget To Help Your Animal Shelters

December 22, 2016

Good morning.  It's looking a bit gray outside this morning.  Ah well, even the sun needs a bit of a break once in a while.  Temps will get up to around 41 degrees, and we'll most likely have a bit of rain. 

Yesterday, grandson Kevin came by and took me to Walmart.  This young fellow is a wonderful shopper.  He helped me find the last few things that I needed, and then helped me with the groceries.  He also got an empty carriage and we filled it with six large bags of dog food and cat food.  On the way home we stopped by Ace Hardware to drop off all the pet food. 

Later today I may have to go out for one more thing.  If I do, I'll pick up some more things for the shelters.  It's a good feeling to make Christmas happy for these wonderful animals.  I think I'm going to talk to the folks at Ace Hardware to see if maybe they can have this food drive more often during the year.  Our animal shelters can use all the help they can get.

Once we got back to my place, Kevin helped me wrap a very large box that is going to his house.  When he left, he took the box and a couple other gifts back home with him.  Today I'll finish up wrapping the rest of the things going to his house (Dee & Eddie's) and take them over there. 

Yesterday, Pogo got a Christmas card from his little friend Cisco.  I tried taking photos of him reading his card, but he does not cooperate when he sees the camera. 


I've been getting lots of beautiful Christmas cards too.  Gosh, these photo cards are simply beautiful.    Thank you to everyone who sent them to Pogo and me.  Pogo sniffs and looks over each and every card when it comes in. 

I have another cute photo to share with you.  Yesterday when we were parking the car in the Walmart parking lot, I saw the most adorable little car.  I had to stop for a moment to take a photo.  Isn't this just the cutest car with her reindeer antlers, red nose and eyelashes?


Ah well, the day is wisking by me and I've things to do.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

I just love the little car and it is so darling with those very long eye lashes! I am glad that you took a moment to snap the photo. It is just too cute and Oh Cisco is so pleased that Pogo enjoyed reading his card! I am still coloring or trying to. My hands have been shaking so bad lately. The doctor put me back on the medication that helped it so hopefully I will be steady handed and able to get back to coloring again.

I am so happy that Kevin came to help you. What a wonderful grandson that you have and such a wonderful family. You are very Blessed Edna and that is such a wonderful thing in this day and age to have family that loves and supports you and is always willing to help you.

I had the kids over last night. Joe stopped over with Foxy as they were out for a walk. We had a great time and then Jon and Karyn came home from work and Nathan was off work yesterday so they were all here. I made a cabbage stir fry and corn bread and had 2 calls from the kids. Laurie called first and so we went to speaker phone and everyone was talking at once and then right after that Matthew from Lacrosse Wisconsin called so we did it all over again. The boys took a couple of beers and went out on the patio since the weather was so gorgeous and mild. They talked about everything and Karyn and I went to my bedroom and lounged around talking. We had the dogs with us and it was such a treat to see them snuggle with each other without Foxy being a brat to Cisco. Maybe they had the Holiday Spirit too!

I will close for now and will be in touch with you soon. I am hoping by now that you have received your box from me. If not then I need to give them a call and find out where it is.
Much love and hugs from Cisco and Me... Beth

Debby said...

So nice of Kevinfor all his help. He must be an extra special guy.
My card should arrive soon. Oh my getting that shot was fun. My favorite had one of the dog's Hines in the air.
I saw the reindeer sets at Hobby Lobby but not the eyelashes. If I had the antlers I would loose them. I only have the two windows and I would forget and put them down.
I hope you have a wonderful time with you family this holiday.
Xo

Nani said...

Our card is going to be late. Our cards are still here. December is just gone too fast for us.

I love the red nose reincar! When I used to drive, I drove a red Camaro. I got the 1994 one with the car loan in my name with no cosigner. When Mom and I made our annual Bronners stop on the way to Grandma's a couple days before thanksgiving, I had a huge outdoor green bow to put at the base of the antenna. It was a festive green bow on my red car; Christmassy, right? But when I stopped at a gas station people kept telling me how great my car was, "who gave it to, you?" And I'd been so proud in May about the "all me."

Ace collecting for animals is awesome! I agree that donations for shelters should be a year-round thing. David and I are going to make our holiday donation to the cat shelter we support, also the shelter Carla came from. There is an ASPCA ad on Tv right now with dogs and a couple cats out in the cold. It always makes me tear up. Those poor babies.

Well, I need to get some sleep so I can get some more envelopes done in between stuff tomorrow. :)

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

That shot of the "reindeer'car is such fun! People do have sometimes wonderful imagination and good feeling of humour!
I say it always: Kevin is a very special young man!
So nice of him to come over again to help you and i think the shopping must have been more fun doing it together
Animal shelters really do need all the help they can get, and we should be proud of the people running them.
I will go out today to get me the last things I need, should go a bit early for two reasons: perhaps it will not yet be so crowded and the weather will be rather good. Later today there might be rain and also very strong wind.
So I guess Jan will go to his volunteer work walking to it and coming back by tram. with real strong wind it is no good on the bike.
Have a lovely day
Hug
Kyra