Sunday, December 4, 2016

Christmas Is Almost Here!!

December 4, 2016

Good morning.  The sun is shining but it is back to the chilly winter degrees.  Ah well, it is Winter after all.  Now that I have my porch, I'd like it to be warm all the time.  I know, it's unrealistic, but a girl can dream.

Yesterday was rather quiet.  I paid a few bills.  They're ready for the mailman's visit tomorrow.  Then I washed my dishes, bagged the trash, and took a nap with Pogo.  Today I'll address a few more cards and maybe work on the Delft Blue afghan for a while.  I need to work on my "still to do for Christmas" list.  Time is getting short.

I guess I'd better get serious about my box mailing.  Christmas is only three weeks away.  How it snuck up so fast on me I'll never know.  I work on it all year.  Somehow, this year it got here extra fast.  Hmmm, maybe I just slowed down a bit.  I dunno!

A couple days ago, I got a lovely surprise from my friend Beth.  She made me a really nice scrap page featuring my Pogo.  Thanks, Beth.  Pogo and I love it.


Today I can share a photo of a bracelet that I made.  I try to match the colors and charms to the likes and important things in the recipient's life.  This one was for my daughter Audrey.


I guess I'm going to have to cut this post a bit short.  SIL Eddie just called to say that he is on his way over so I need to get dressed.  Hopefully, I'll have a bit more to chat about tomorrow.  So, till then, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Edna,
Oh my the bracelet is just gorgeous. WOW what a gorgeous bracelet. I loved looking at all the neat little charms. I think that you did a super job.
I just called you and will go to bed soon. I just wanted to check your blog as I didn't get a chance to do it today.
It is wonderful that you and Pogo are in where it is toasty and warm. My son Matt that works for the railroad isn't sure what to do about tomorrow as they are supposed to get 3 to 7 inches of more snow tonight. He said that his boss is really wanting this job finished so they can complete the contract. It is supposed to be finished by Christmas but not sure if they can as Matt said, "We can't load the train ties when they are covered with snow and can't see them" so I don't know. I know that the storm is supposed to get really bad.

I don't know how this month has snuck up as fast as it has. I really don't have a clue! It seems that the days are really coming and going pretty fast. I have the nurse coming tomorrow. She will access me for an aid. I don't want someone every day for 4 or 5 hours. A couple days a week, and a few hours if I need help with my laundry or grocery shopping. I will have an issue there as she cannot by law use my credit or bank card or do any kind of banking for me. Which I would not want anyone to do that anyway. I will have to start getting cash for the extra things that I need and have it on hand.
And I am not allowed to ride in her vehicle unless she is off duty and wants to pal around but I don't think that will be something she will want to do. I know when I left work I didn't want to go back until my work time and would not expect her to want to do that either. I just hope that I get someone that is good and will actually help me. I went thru 3 aids when I lived in my home town. One of them would just go and sit in her car. I was confused and then another one was on the phone all of the time and then one of them kept bringing her 3 kids and I finally got a really great one and then moved lol.... That is just my luck tho.

Okay my dear, have a great evening... Hugs to you and Pogo... Love, Cisco and Beth

smiekeltje said...

Beth is so sweet to cheer you up often with a lovely page with Pogo.
How fantastic is that bracelet you;ve made???? Deep bow for your work!
Yes, Christmas suddenly comes very close in very short time I too have to be serious about mailing the box Think I will do that this afternoon.
Tomorrow will be busy day with decorating, Wednesday morning we're stuck to the house, because we get a new "smart"electricity meter". wonder what the smart part is LOL Well, they explained (kind of) in a letter, probably didn;t make great impression. They cannot give you an exact time they come, just between 9.00 and 11.00 in the morning. Hate those kind of appointments.
Hopefully they will be not at the latest and not take too much time(they say it will take about an hour. Brrr No electricity, so no computer, no heating no tv, really hopeless
Then you can see how spoiled we are in fact!
Lucky next days temperature will creep up again, so the room will stay rather warm for the hour.
Okay, I will make a few more papers for a new kit and then get dressed and do something here.
Hug
Kyra