Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Mother Nature Is Putting On A Color Show

October 19, 2016

Good morning.  It's a pleasant sort of morning here.  The sun goes in and out behind the clouds, and current temps are in the 60's.  It's supposed to warm up quite nicely soon, and the rest of the day will be awesome. 

As I sit here and look out my door, I'm noticing bits of golden yellow showing up here and there in the big tree at the end of my driveway.  Autumn colors are creeping in all around us.  My beautiful tree is trying her best to stay green as long as she can, but soon she'll have to give in to Mother Nature and put her Fall dress on.  (She'll still be quite beautiful!)

Yesterday, Pogo and I got to spend quite a bit of time out on the porch.  The weather was just awesome!  Around noon, my grandson Kevin came by after class for a visit and did some vacuuming for me.  Actually, I think he was here mostly to check up on me and make sure I'm okay.  I am so blessed to have such an awesome grandson. 

Last night I watched a few episodes of "Chrisley Knows Best."  In one episode, Todd (Chrisley) was moving his 72 year old mother to live in his own house.  (to keep a better eye on her)  "Nana" has a little tiny Yorkie named Miley, and brought her with her.  (of course)  It was an enjoyable, and really funny, story of how a caring family looks after and gets along with each other. 

I went into my photo archives and found some interesting photos that were taken on this very day, four years ago.  It was a cloudy day, and whenever there was an opening in the clouds, the sun would peep through.  These photos were taken while I was at work.



On my way home that day, I spotted a large flock of geese flying overhead.  I guess they were all moving to a warmer Southern site.  The second photo is a close-up of the flock.



And here's another pretty shot of this same flock.  For some reason, I always seem to be driving my car when these photo ops happen and I don't get the photos.  For these, I happened to be sitting at a red light. 


This afternoon, I want to make a big pot of pasta and meat sauce.  DIL Janet will be by later after work, and this is one of our favorite meals.  I also want to call Aunt Lucy to make sure she is alright.  I had planned to drive out to her house early this week, but life had other plans for me.  However, she is only as far away as my phone. 

I also need to check into the elder transportation company to see if they could pick up Aunt Lucy and bring her here, and then come back to take her home again.  This would be a big help to both of us.

Well, time is marching on, and it's almost time to think about what's for lunch.  Pogo isn't thrilled about the doggie food that I gave him for breakfast.  But, he did eat some of it.  Maybe I can find something tasty in the fridge for lunch. 

On that note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

What a nice gesture of Kevin. He's a lovely young man.
Fantastic that you had good enough weather to sit out on the porch for a while.
Here it is too cold to really sit in the garden.
It wasn;t aas bad weather yesterday as it looked, later on in the day it all cleared up drastically and we had some sunshine, so I went out for a moment and it was quite nice(wioth warm jack of course, but still)
Today it will be probably also up and down weather.
Take care and have a fun time with Janet.
Hug
Kyra