Thursday, October 27, 2016

It's Rather Busy Around Here Today

October 27, 2016

Good afternoon.  No, I did not sleep the morning away.  We've been having a problem with the heat in the main part of the house.  Seems that none of the heat is coming up into the house.  Hmmm, I checked and the heat seems to be working okay.  It just isn't going where it should. 

So this morning I had the repair man out to see what was wrong.  Glad to say, he found the problem and got it fixed.  It seems that the radiators needed to be bled.  Once that was taken care of, all the radiators were working properly again. 

It's not very warm here, only in the low 40's.  Plus, we are expecting rain soon.  Tomorrow though, it is supposed to warm up a bit.  That will be much appreciated.  At least by me.  I don't really like the cold. 

Next, I have to get the model and serial numbers for one of the refrigerators that are out in the main kitchen.  It seems that someone has broken the dial that regulates the temperature in the freezer section and now frost and ice keep building up and the door won't close properly.  Of course, no one mentioned this to me until it had been broken for a while.  It seems that some folks don't really care about taking care of things that they don't have to pay for. 

DIL Janet was by last evening, and we ordered pizza for supper.  Yum!  I had cooked a small steak for Pogo, so he had a tasty supper too.  We had a nice evening, chatting and watching our favorite TV program. 

Today I would normally go grocery shopping, but I don't really need much of anything so I'll wait a few more days.  Joe is going shopping with one of the dwarfs so he will be all set.  This afternoon I'll work on the afghan.  I have only about thirty more rows to go to finish it.

Here's an adorable "minion" saying that I found on the web.  This should put a smile on your face.


On this happy note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

I am so glad that the heating problem was resolved. It is really getting cold in your part of the country. I wish I could say the same for us. I had a look at our thermostat as it was just to warm here in our house. It said Heat hold at 78 degrees.
So I turned it back on to cool and set it at 75 degrees. I can't tell you what a difference that 3 degrees is here in the house. For some reason the thermostat kept changing from cool to heat. So I called the office and a nice man came over to show me how it operates. The problem is not with the thermostat but with my son that sets it at the temp that he likes and instead of hitting the hold button he hits the run button. So that switches it over to heat. I will have to show him once again what button to hit. Perhaps he should just let me operate it hee hee....

I love your Minion. Too cute! Have you seen the movie(s)... I think that there is more than one. I watched it last Christmas with my grandkids and oh how I laughed. It was such a cute movie.

I am sorry to hear about the knob being broken on the freezer part of your refrigerator. Your so right, no one seems to care about property that they do not have to pay for. Accidents happen. But if you had known, you could have had it fixed or gotten the correct knob and replaced it before it began to ice over. If the door does not shut properly it is a big drain on your electric bill. One of my friends was an electrician/appliance repairman and he told me once that an ill fitting door on a fridge was the most costly run appliance in the home, even more than a 220 electric stove. I sure didn't know that.

Pizza sounds so good right now. I get paid on Tuesday and I am walking next door and having a slice of pizza pie. It is called the Brooklyn Pie Company and I love their food. So Pogo got steak and you and Janet had pizza and that sounds like a wonderful evening.

Cisco got a treat today too. He is fast asleep right now. I am positive that it is because he has a full tummy. Ok so here is how it happened that he had a great big breakfast. I took out 3 eggs, cracked them into a bowl, took a fork and whipped them into shape. I was going to scramble them. 2 for me and 1 for my little guy.
I had some smoked sausage so I decided to cook that too. While that was cooking I took out a pan for the eggs.
I also reached into the fridge and took out 3 more eggs. I scrambled them into deliciousness. Then I looked over at the bowl of already whipped up eggs that I had already had taken out and had ready sitting on the counter.
Well I couldn't let them go to waste so I got another pan out and scrambled his eggs. I realized I had a little too much sausage on my plate so I cut up a couple of slices and added it to his bowl.
Edna it was so funny. He licked that bowl for a half hour until he finally had scooted it into a corner and I took it away. I should have made a video of it.

I will talk to you soon... I have been up since 5 and I think that I need to take a little rest. Have a great day... Give Pogo lots of hugs and cuddles from me and of course his pal says Woof Woof.... Love, Cisco and Beth

LV said...

Seems throe is always something interesting going on at your place. Thankful we have not had any cold weather yet.

The Queen Jester said...

Heat is a good thing, although it's hard to think about that down here right now.
You're always busy!

smiekeltje said...

Lucky the problem with no heat coming through in the main house wasn't ll too big.
That thing with the fridge is more of a problem. Pity nobody mentioned it earlier.
Hopefully it can be fixed without too many problems.
Weather is looking a bit greyish today, but I am thinking of popping over to the market for a quick visit.
A little fruit would be nice and some cheese too
I'll think about it LOL.
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra