Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Having Fun With New Crochet Projects

October 11, 2016

Good morning.  Today is another gorgeous Autumn day here in New England.  Days are in the sixties, (a few in the upper 50's) and nights much cooler in the 40's.  It's time to have the furnace guys come out to give the furnace a good cleaning.  I'll have to call them today. 

Well, I tried to sleep late this morning.  But there are some things you just have to get up for, and once you're up you can't get back to sleep.  Well, I suppose I could if I tried really hard (haha) but as long as I'm up I may as well get a few things done around here so that I can get back to my craft projects. 

Last night I worked on, and finished, the scarf.  Then I started the matching hat.  I'll have to take a photo when the set is finished.  I've never made this hat pattern before, so I hope it fits the recipient when it is finished.  My daughter Laura's birthday is coming up soon, and I bought her a really pretty outfit in Fall colors.  This scarf set has the same colors so I'll give this set to her along with her new clothes.   Colors are maroon, gold, olive green, brown, peach.

I borrowed a few photos from the web to show the flooding in Suffolk, Virginia, where my daughter Audrey lives.  These first two photos show the flooding in downtown Suffolk.  (where she works)  Obviously, she was not able to go to work yesterday.



These next two photos show the road at the end of Audrey's driveway, and the water in her front yard.  As you can see, roads were washed out, and even her yard was full of water. 



Last night, Audrey told me that the water had gone down enough so that she could get out to go to work.  The good news is that no one was hurt.  A lot of folks lost their power, but Audrey's only went out once for a little while.  This too, was good news.

I found another cute mug on the web and borrowed it to share here.  This one is for folks like me who are lucky enough to have a precious little Yorkie.  This is what my Pogo looks like sometimes when we wait too long to get his hair cut.  Yup, a teeny tiny Lion King!


Speaking of Pogo, here's a photo of him snuggled into his fuzzy blankets, nose first.  I don't know why, but he loves to put his whole face into the blanket.


Well that's my story for today.  Now it's time to get busy here.  First a couple chores, then I'd like to try finishing up the hat.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Happy to hear that Audrey wasn't in too much trouble with the flooding.
It's sometimes very annoying to wake up for something and still feeling sleepy and tired, going back to bed and not able to fall alseep again. ah well, those things happen now, has it something to do with our age??
Love the photo of Pogo sleeping with his nose into the blankets.
Our Brodski sometimes does the same, then he sits on his four paws, looks a bit like a small balloon, and then put his nose onto the couch cover. Funny.
Did some pruning again in the garden, now Jan and I have to bundle all that stuff and then I'll call for collection. But first another pruning round would be good(specially from the ivy).
Have a wonderful day, my friend.
Hug
Kyra