Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Green, Green, Beautiful Green

October 12, 2016

Good morning.  Tis a bit nippy this morning, but soon it will warm up to around 60F degrees.  I got up this morning to 44F degrees.  It's good sleeping weather, but I have to tell you, I can sleep just as nicely at 55F degrees.  I looked at the upcoming weekend temps, and Friday and Saturday nights are supposed to be in the upper 30's.  Oh dear!

Well, yesterday I called to cancel and reschedule my eye doctor appointment.  The contractor who built my porch is supposed to be coming by this week to fix a couple things on the porch, and he's not pleased about it.  Therefore, he would not give me an exact day or time when he would be coming by.  So, I had to clear my schedule  for the week so that I could be here, if and when he shows up. 

Today I have photos that I took of some of my trees.  This first photo is what it looks like when I look out my living room door.  Pretty soon though, the leaves on the tree on the right will turn a beautiful golden yellow.


In this next photo, the naked tree top is in the next door neighbor's yard.  As you can see, my tree is still nice and green.  I must confess though, that most of my trees do stay green all year round.


This next photo shows a couple of the gentle giants that surround most of my house.  They are full of pine cones, and will stay green. (obviously!)


And finally, this tree (in the middle) is one that I planted somewhere around 1999 or 2000.  It was just a tiny little twig, and I finally had to put a wire basket around it because people kept driving over it.  (Mostly when it was covered with snow and they could not see where it was.)  Now, however, it is doing just fine.  Pretty soon though, it too will lose all of its leaves.


I finished the hat and scarf set last night, so today I'll take a photo of it.  I should probably work on the afghan though to get it finished.  Maybe if I do a few rows on it, I won't feel so guilty about starting another new project.  Hmmm.

Knowing how cold it was going to be last night, I brought in my spider plant.  Goodness!  It's grown quite a bit, and now I don't know where I'm going to put it.  Obviously, it will have to go somewhere out in the kitchen (in the main part of the house).  I just have to be careful where I put it so that the cats won't get at it.  For some reason, they love to play with my plants. 

It's almost 9:30 and the contractor is not here yet, so I doubt if he'll show up today.  Just in case though, I think I'll get a few chores done now.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a beautiful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Edna,

Hurricane Matthew was not playing around and I was so sad to see all of the destruction. I am so glad that Audrey and family was safe and so glad to hear that the water has receded and she was able to get back to work.

I am tired. Sleep was very odd last night. I dreamed of my cousin Belinda and kept waking up and looking for her. This is the first sleep walking episode that I have had in years. I am not sure why I had that experience and I hope that it is not repeated.

Your pictures are just beautiful. The one you took of the trees outside your door I really hope when all of the leaves turn that you will post another. Thank You for the QP's too...
The men are here to replace the screens on the apartment so I have to get dressed... Take care and talk to you soon. I will update my blog today! I have missed it... Hugs to you and Pogo from Beth and Cisco! xx

smiekeltje said...

It is very annoying when you don;t know at what time the contractor will come At least he could say it will be morning or afternoon!
It is getting colder here too, specially the eastern wind makes it feel cold.
End of the week temps will rise some and by next week drop a bit again, but wind will change from direction, which is better don;t want to have nord or east wind now!
Not sure what i will do today, perhaps the washing machine is about full, so I can turn it on and we could do with a vacuum cleaning, I guess.
Not very exciting things to do, but they have to be done once in a while LOL!
Have a great day
Hug
Kyra