Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Re-United Via The Internet

July 26, 2016

Good morning.  It's another beautiful morning that is going to be a real scorcher in a few more hours.  For some reason though, the nights have been cool, which I'm very thankful for.  It's 96F in the daytime and 66F during the night.  That's a big, but hugely appreciated, drop in temperature.

Yesterday I managed to do a couple loads of laundry.  Hopefully, today I can do another load, this time with the towels.  I've been trying to launder all of Pogo's blankets to help keep his "itchies" down.  In between loads of laundry, I spent some time going through stacks of magazines.  Once I removed my ID from them, they could be put in the recycle barrel. 

Late yesterday afternoon, I got a friend request from someone on Facebook that was such a wonderful surprise.  When my kids were young, I took in some exchange students.  One boy in particular, Ulf, was from Sweden and stayed with us for the whole school year.  We stayed close for a few years, but then somehow drifted apart.  I haven't seen or heard from him for so many years.  Until I got this friend request from him.  Wowee!!

I downloaded a couple photos of him to share.  This first photo is Ulf and his dog, and it's what he looked like shortly after he graduated from High School.  He attended our high school with my daughter Audrey (for his senior year).


And this is a photo of him today.  Gosh, it's so good to catch up with him again.  It's almost like finding a missing relative.  Wow, the wonders of the internet!!!   I'm so glad you're back in our life, Ulf.  I've missed you.


Today maybe I'll spend some time with the shredder.  Goodness knows, I have lots to shred.  Then this afternoon I'll try to have a little nap.  I need to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for my class this evening.

Tonight, Deanne and I are attending the first of two classes for gun safety.  She wanted this for her birthday, so that's what we're doing.  I just hope the building where the class is held is air conditioned. 

I have another photo to share.  DIL Janet took this photo of her sleeping kitties.  Aren't they just the cutest?


Well, that's my news for this morning.  Now it's  time to see what sort of mischief I can get into today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Edna,
So delighted that you were able to reconnect with your house student and what wonderful photos. It reminds me of my boy Derrick. It is so good to have him back in my life and 2 other young men that were a part of my family for many years. One of them lives right here in Austin and has a little girl. He is a single dad and doing an awesome job. The other one is also a single dad. They are brothers but he lives in Houston but comes down when he can.

You enjoy your class tonight. I am thrilled that your going to do this. I should do it myself. I am checking into a class at the college that I am interested in taking. Sign Language. I have met so many people that have hearing disabilities and feel that I could do a good job helping people to communicate.

We got the badly needed rain. Jonathan and I were so excited that we went out to watch it. We may get more tonight. I sure hope so. Gotta run. I have a doctors appointment so off I go.. Hugs... xx love Beth


Nani said...

I love Jane's kitties pic, sos cute!

That is so awesome that Ulf found you on Facebook! As much as I don't care to spend a lot of time there, Facebook is great for reconnecting with old friends.

My world is staring to get back to normal, starting to. I went to the dentist this morning and never had to leave the chair. It really does have the bells and whistles to help withy everything. Now I'm reconnecting with my blog-world family. :D

Hugs, Nani



smiekeltje said...

What a wonderful event to find back your Swedush housestudent!
should be fun to catch up for all the years you didnt have contact. So I guess you have lots to mail, or perhaps Skype or so.
What classes are that exactly that you are taking with Deanne?

Oh, love the photo's of Janet's pussycats!
Is the itching still the same with Pogo or is the antibiotics that the doctor gave him helping to get it less?

Today it is somewhat cloudy, perhaps we even might get some rain.
It is a bit of change after all those sunny days, but that's how the weather behaves and we cannot do anything about it.
Have to get busy and get dressed, 2nd appointment for my dental is due.And then I think I might do some grocerie shopping, as it isn;t too warm at the moment.
Have a lovely day,
Hug
Kyra


The Queen Jester said...

What fun it is to reconnect with people in your life. It really is all about the people in this world...and the dogs...and the cats.

Sweet photo of the two kitties. They look like they like each other a great deal.