Friday, March 18, 2016

Old Man Winter May Still Have A Few Surprises For Us

March 18, 2016

Good morning.  It's a bit cooler today.  Temps are in the mid 40's, and should get up to the mid 50's by this afternoon.  Still quite nice.  However!!!  The Weather Channel says we could be getting snow this weekend.  Oh no!!!  My flowers have lots of buds waiting to bloom.

I'm a bit late this morning because I just did not want to get up.  Mr. Pogo woke me up around 1:30 a.m. wanting the supper that he did not eat earlier.  I'm not sure where he got all these weird eating patterns from.  It must be a hold over from his first six and a half years.  Anyway, by the time I had fed him, it took me a while to get back to sleep.

I did not get to do much of the shredding yesterday, so today I'll try to finish it.  I also need to start making a spot in my little kitchen for the new cabinet.  Last evening, Joe and I picked it up at the store and put it in my car's trunk.  It will have to stay there for a little while until SIL Eddie has time to come over and put it together.

Today I have a couple photos to share.  This first one is my grandson Kevin at Vero Beach, Florida with his baseball teammates.  Kevin is second from the left.  They will be coming home this weekend.


This next photo shows daughter Audrey working at the Taxidermists Convention in North Carolina this past weekend.  She is their secretary/treasurer, and works very hard to make this event a success.  I borrowed the photo from Facebook, so it isn't very sharp.  Audrey is on the woman on the left.


Daughter Deanne started her new job this week, teaching special needs children.  It's not the easiest job, but she has a special gift for working with these children and they adore her.  I guess it's easy to see why I'm so proud of my family.

Well, the morning is ticking away and I need to get a few things done around here.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.  I'll see you in the Spring!!

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
I adore your photos... Oh and Congratulations on getting your cabinet. Now just to get it put together! You will be pleased I am sure.

My toilet is broken and the front office told me that they will get to it when the men have time! How rude and I told the lady, that is unacceptable because I am handicapped and I need my bathroom. She still didn't budge. How long does it take to come in and change the little doom a flauchie....

I am having a rough morning. We have been invaded by these itsy bitsy little black flying gnats that have taken over. I had a miserable night too because of them and the fact that my son was cold and turned the heat on... I had to open my window and that is I am guessing how the gnats got in...

Cisco needs to go out but he will not get out of bed. I guess I need to bribe him.. Have a wonderful day... Hugs, Beth and Cisco

smiekeltje said...

Lovely you already have your little cabinet for your kitchen. And Eddie surely will be able to put it together quickly for you.
Of course you are proud of your children, and so it should and you have all reason to.
What a wonderful idea of the rainbow to our passed away pets. Nor real at all, but nice to dream about hey?
Oh boy, hope that snow will not stay long. Here at the mment it isnt all too warm, but the nights don;t have frost anymore, which is already a good thing, Now hoping it will stay this way and will get better real soon.
I think I will post tomorrow on my blog,. I am rather lazy lately concerning the posting, but guess that is just a period and will change later.
For now I am going to watch some tv, and have a quiet day.
Have a lovely day.
Hug
Kyra

Annesphamily said...

Cool photos of the family! I love baseball so wish Kevin and his team mates great success! Your daughters are smart ladies. My college degree would have been education with emphasis on special needs. I just was not cut out for it. But two of my girlfriends have taught the special needs for over 35 years. Carol in particular has children born without arms and legs. She is a widow with five kiddos of her own and a house full of grandkids too! Lynette taught at the middle school level and I have always admired them. My only real regret in life was not finishing my college education. xo