Friday, February 5, 2016

Mr. Groundhog - What's All This White Stuff????

February 5, 2016

Good morning.  Looking out my window, it's a winter wonderland here with everything covered with snow.  They are forecasting 3-5 inches of snow, but if it keeps coming down, we'll most likely get more than that.  There's already several inches on the ground.   This photo was taken from our front door.  Flakes of every size falling.  And they are all very wet!!  Makes for fun shoveling.


Of course, along with the mess from the snow, there is also beauty all around us.  Here's a photo of my Japanese Red Maple tree, adorned in all it's winter finery.  Now this is pretty!!


Well, I'm still here, squirting, coughing, and well -- all the other stuff.  I seem to be running temperatures on and off all day and night too.  I guess the nose spray is really working.

I've decided to stop my whining about not having the right yarns, and have picked up the medium rose afghan to finish with the existing yarn.  I will simply go a bit slower to catch the yarn as it splits.  It's the only way these afghans will ever get done this year. 

Unfortunately, my interest doesn't stay very long.  I crochet a couple of rows, and I'm tired.  So I put it down and attempt to watch a bit of TV.  Sometimes this works, and other times I just fall asleep.  The good part is that I'm retired, so it really doesn't matter.

Joe did not do my shopping yesterday, so none of my meds got picked up.  I'll have to call the pharmacy today to see if they will hold them until this weekend.  Then I will try to go get them myself. 

DIL Janet came by Wednesday and brought me a cute gift.  Have you ever seen an LED pen camera?  Here's what it looks like.  It's fun until someone asks to see the photos you take with it.  There are none! 


Well, I don't have any more news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Debby said...

Sorry you aren't feeling better. It is nice to know that you don't have to go anywhere. I am slowly doing the same. And I'm not feeling well either. Called the doctor and asked if they could phone in something, 24 hours ago, and haven't heard back. I may have to go to Minute Clinic.
We didn't get snow again. There were pellets last night but they didn't stick.
Feel better and keep on resting.
Hugs

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

Yes it does seem that the nose sprays are working!! Not! I am still sick but since my fever broke I feel like a new woman. Just incredibly tired. And as usual I am not sleeping. No surprise there.

I actually went over to Google Plus to check on my site over there. I am happy to see some of the people still posting, but for the most part I stay away from Google Plus more and more because of all of the nasty stuff that gets thru. I just don't find a lot of it appropriate for what I want.

Well on to other news. I know that your feeling tired and out of sorts right now. Hopefully you will feel better soon. I over slept and it is morning/lunch meds right now so I best get moving... Hugs to you. I have an adorable picture of Cisco that I am going to send to you. I took it last night. So sorry about your camera pen not working! Hugs, Beth and Cisco

smiekeltje said...

Hope you can get your meds. oh boy, fever on and off isn;t nice at all. If it still stays on like this, you should call the doctor right away Monday morning! We dont want you to get worse sick !
Time for a doctor to give some good medicins now.
Nothing much you can do for now, just stay warm, try to catch a lot of sleep, drink a lot and also eat!
Hug
Kyra