Thursday, December 31, 2015

Have A Safe And Happy New Year's Eve

December 31, 2015

Good morning.  The sun is shining, the rain has stopped (it was just a light rain) and a lot of the ice has melted in our yard.  What a pretty day to end the year.  Enjoy the day folks.  You'll never see this day again.  When the clock strikes midnight tonight, a brand new year will begin.

I just took a short break.  My little birds were at my door, letting me know that they needed food.  So, I took out some bread, peanuts, bird seed, and bread with peanut butter for everyone.  (the squirrels too)   As I look out now, there is a chickadee, a tufted titmouse and a sparrow all enjoying the peanut butter bread.  This makes my eyes happy.

I thought I would have some fun so I went on-line looking for a photo of New Year's Eve, 1939.  Here's a photo of the crowd gathered in Times Square (New York) that night to cheer the new year in together.  I was almost two months old.


While I was searching, I found another interesting photo.  This was New Year's Eve the year before, 1938.  Can you guess who is behind the Mickey Mouse mask?


If you guessed the FBI Director, J. Edward Hoover, then you were absolutely correct.  Maybe he was camera shy?

While I was poking around on the internet, I also learned that I was born on a Saturday.  Then I read the poem, "Monday's Child."  This explains my work traits, which I have passed along to my children.  What day were you born on?


I'm looking out my door, and now there is a chickadee and a downy woodpecker sharing the peanut butter bread treat.  Mankind could learn so much from our feathered friends.

Folks, I have to tell you that my little Pogo has been having a wonderful time with his new chair.  He spends half the night sleeping on it, and the other half sleeping on his sofa.  He is such a happy little guy with his own little kingdom.

Today I'm enjoying a NCIS marathon on TV.  I can't believe I missed so many episodes.  It's a great way to see the year out.  Also, my hand is starting to feel much better now, so maybe I'll start crocheting a bit  again. 

Folks, if you party tonight, please don't drink if you are driving.  Take public transportation, call a friend or hire a driver.  I'm hoping to see all of you back here in the New Year. 

Now I think I'll go play with my little guy.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous New Year's Eve day and night.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  SEE YOU IN 2016!

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Edna,
Have a Happy New Years Eve and a great New Year 2016. We are staying in. My friend got tagged to work tonight so I am just planning to spend the night watching the event on my tablet in the comfort of my room...

So glad my little guy likes his chair... A big WIN for the little guy. Hugs and Licks and Woofs to Pogo from Cisco and I....

I have a million and 9 things to accomplish so I better get moving... Hugs to you both and I really enjoyed your post...

Oh and to our conversation yesterday I did some asking around and found out that what we do is called Digital Scrapbooking. That is the name that I was told of what it is that we are doing. HUGS! Love Beth and Cisco

smiekeltje said...

Finally caught up on your blogposts after a few days of no computering!
a little smile was on my face when I saw the ohoto of your socks LOL! Pogo is a very lucky guy, having two pieces of furniture all for himself. The chair looks fantastic!
I'm happy you had some wonderful days at the end of the year.
Now it's time to wish you and all your loved ones a very happy and prosperous and for all a healthy New Year. Let's just vross g=fingers it will be for a change a bit easier year in some ways.
Jan and I had a very quiet but nice New Year's Eve, at midnight we watched a bit of the fireworks in the neighbourhood(from our window) and then watched some more tv and then we had a good sleep I stayed in bed as long as possible LOL.
Now we'll watch the New Years Concert from Vienna on tv and this afternoon and also later this evening there will be World Championship Darts too, so enough to see. In the afternoon. early evening Jan has to go to his volunteerwork,but will be home at about 19.30 again.
So now i will make a quick post on my blog and then make a sandwich or so and watch the concert.
Have a wonderful day,
Big hug
Kyra

Nani said...

Happy end of 2015! I see you have a January 1 post, so we both made it safely to 2016 - YAY!!

I love Pogo's chair David and I noted that Marco haas a piece of furniture that's his too, but he took it over as his. Cats aren't as gracious as dogs when you buy something for them. My ottoman is too high for me to use to elevate my legs under the table, but it's nice and warm thanks to the space heater and Marco has become the emperor and that's his Ottoman Empire throne!

I was born on a Friday. Try to be loving and giving. :)

Here's to a great 2016 for us all!

Hugs, Nani

Annesphamily said...

I like the old photo you have shared. People went out on the town back then today everyone is so casual. times change. Happy 2016 to you and yours. Stay healthy and enjoy it!