Sunday, October 18, 2015

Rice Tastes Better When It's Cooked In A Yellow Pan

October 18, 2015

Good morning.  Tis just a wee bit chilly here in New England.  During the night, temps dropped down to about 25F, but now they are up to 32F.  Later today we should be all the way up to around 46F.  Gosh, according to the calendar there are two more months of Autumn still to come.  Someone needs to tell Old Man Winter to go away and wait his turn.

Yesterday, the burner cleaner guy was here to make sure the heating system was cleaned out and ready for winter.  Now we are all set until Spring.  Once the heat is turned off next Spring, I'll have this fellow come back and replace the smoke pipe on the furnace.  I'll have to talk to him about whether or not we need to replace the fuel tank too.  Ah well, that's the start of next year's projects.

Well, I finally finished the Lemon Yellow afghan.  Gosh, it is sooooo pretty!  It's such a happy sunshiny color.  Have a lookee.


I also started a new neck wrap in a pretty denim blue.  So far, I've gone as far as I can on it until I can try it on someone.  Then I'll know how many more rows it needs.  I decided that I liked the kilt pins best for the closures, so I ordered a few of them.  They should be arriving today or tomorrow.

Next, I'll finish up the Frosty Green afghan, then it's back to the baby cocoon and the baby blanket.  The swelling in my hand has gone way down, and the crocheting isn't bothering it now.  This is good because I have lots of projects that I want to do. 

I bought some large Ziploc bags from Amazon, and they are super for keeping my yarn projects in until they are finished.  Actually, they're good for storing the finished projects too.  They zip up, and they have handles.   Plus they are clear plastic so you can see what it is in them. 

Remember that set of pretty colored pans that I bought a while ago?  Well let me tell you, they are such fun to use.  Maybe it is just psychological, but cooking in a yellow pan is much more fun that cooking in a metal colored pan.  Well, at least from my point of view.  Cooking is not at the top of my "fun things to do" list.   But that rice seemed to taste better last night, coming out of a pretty yellow pan.

While I was watching TV last evening, I went to get a fresh bottle of water, and I noticed that Pogo was no longer napping on the sofa.  I went a little closer for a better look.  Sometimes one of his ears is poking out from under a blanket.  This time there was no ear poking out, but there definitely was a little lump under the fuzzy blanket.  I grabbed my cell phone and took this photo of my little guy.  The lump on the left was moving up and down, ever so slightly.


I watched to see how Pogo gets himself totally covered up like this.  He noses his head and shoulders as far under the blanket as he can get, then turns his body around in a circle until he is completely covered by the blanket.  Hmmm, smart little guy!

Well, it's time to give Pogo his medicine.  His new vitamins came in the mail yesterday, so we'll start them today.  He's not so happy about these new meds, but we'll keep it up for a while to see if they are making him any more comfortable (and healthy). 

So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I'd be afraid of sitting on Pogo when he disguises himself completely in a blanket. He is a clever little guy to figure out how to do all that.
I have to agree on the colored pans. I used to have a red frying pan and loved it, but had to part with it since it wasn't usable on the induction burner. My pans now are quite boring. OH well.

smiekeltje said...

It;s a happy looking afghan, you are right!
Wonderful you don;t have so much trouble with yur hand while crocheting, oh and those zipbags are a good idea! I have some of those(well, kind of mine are not clear,) and use them most for duvets and blankets and such. Great things.
Hahaha, it is hard to find Pogo, but he likes it warm and cozy hey?
well, just a bit like our Brodski, not covering himself up but in finding a best position to sleep. I sometimes wonder how it comes the animals don;t have trouble when laying in "akward"positions and if we should do it, oh my God, we could move or walk anymore!
Bright colors in the kitchen always make it more fun to cook andto spend time there.
Think I will go to the market today, we could do with a bit fresh veggies again.
Have a lovely day.
Hug
Kyra

Nani said...

It's all about the presentation; of course the happy pots make it taste better. :)

The yellow afghan is beautiful! It is definitely crocheted happiness.

Pogo is so cute all nestled in to a lump in the blanket. LOLI got some video of Kaline emptying out half of David's sock drawer so she could settle in. It was one of her favorite napping laces when she first moved in here. Firkins are so much fun to watch them do it their own way. :)

Big Hugs, Nani

Annesphamily said...

Your crafty ways make me smile. Love love love your beautiful treasures you create plus someone will keep warm with it this winter too. Thanks for sharing Edna.