Monday, October 5, 2015

Historic Flooding In South Carolina

October 5, 2015

Good morning.  You know, I hate to start the morning off with a grump, but I need to say this.  I'm watching the Weather Channel as they cover the incredible flooding and amounts of rainfall in South Carolina.  The female meteorologist starts off by laughing and saying to her co-host "my goodness, when will it ever stop?"  Ma'am, not to be rude, but this is not a laughing matter!!!!!

Homes and lives are being lost.  Some streets and areas are under six feet of water.  I could be wrong, but I think they said that more than twenty four inches of rain has already fallen in parts of this state, with still about two more days of rain expected.  Say a prayer for the folks living in these flood areas.  May God watch over all of them and all the animals.

Outside my door, there are two little sparrows duking it out to see who gets to be boss over the peanut butter bread treat that is in the treat cage hanging on the line.  I may have mentioned it before, but years ago I put up a temporary clothes line.  Then I did not have the heart to take it down when I found all the little birds sitting on it.  So I hung treat cages and a feeder from it.

Around eleven p.m. last night, I was crocheting and watching TV, when I heard a wicked loud bang.  I opened the door and looked out in time to see a car slowing down and trying to go around something before picking up speed and continuing on down the street.  I called the police to report a possible accident.

Next thing you know, we had five police cruisers, two fire trucks and two tow trucks out front.  It seems that a car going by had hit a parked car.  The car that got hit lost most of its rear end and was spun around and pushed partway into a driveway.  The other car ended up on my next door neighbor's lawn.  The driver of this car did get hurt, but not seriously. 

I think this is the third time a vehicle parked on the street has been hit just this year alone.   And it is always in front of the same house.  The folks across the street have no respect for laws or the people around them.  We're not supposed to be parking in the street overnight, but they do.  They have a large backyard and two wide driveways, so go figure. 

Yesterday, we had to call the police to ask them to go to this neighbor's house and have them turn down their music.  With our doors and windows closed, the music was still permeating all through our house.  It's not the biggest deal, but it's no fun when you have to turn the volume on your TV way up in order to drown out the noise from across the street.

On a lighter note, my friend Rhoda sent me some more cute images that put a smile on my face.  These two reflect some of my thoughts exactly!



I don't have any new photos, but DIL Janet shared this photo that she took of their newest fur baby.  This kitty loves to watch all the happenings in the fish tank, and frequently takes naps right in front of the tank.  Goodness, what a happy kitty!


I got a late start today and it is already noon, so I think I need to get a few things done around here.   It's not raining here, and it will be cloudy all day.  Not a bad day to do a bit of housework.  Ouch!  Did I really say that?   Ah well, till tomorrow, Y'all have a dry and fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Sometimes neighbours can be a pain in the ..........! And they seem to be deaf and stupid, cause they never learn, or perhaps they just don't give a damn about the remarks and the other people.
Those floods f rain in S.Carolina are really aweful. We saw new shots of it on the news again and I feel so sorry for all those people.

Today we still have nice temperatures, around 19-20 C, but with some rainshowers.
About the whole week it will be off and on weather, with some clouds, some rain and a definate drop of temperature towards the 15 C.

I've made the appelcompote yesterday and it was delicious and I still have a left over for today, yippee! LOL.

Did you mention to do some work in the house today? Are yu sure you said that????? HAHAHAHAHA. I am teasing you, and I should do some today to. we'll see how far we come okay?
Have a lovely day
Hug
Kyra