Sunday, August 9, 2015

Our Wicked Neighbor Is At It Again!!

August 9, 2015

Good mornimg.  We are enjoying a delightfully cool day today.  Right now it is 66F degrees. and will be up to 72F degrees later this morning.  The sun is not out yet, and it feels oh so good to walk around outside right now.  I went outside a while ago to put out food for the birds and squirrels, and the cool air felt super wonderful.

I set up one of my induction burners this morning to try it out.  Alas, after reading the little booklet that came with it, I'm not sure what to do with it now.  It has a circle on the top of it, and whatever pan you are cooking in has to fit on or inside that circle.  Really?  What about a dutch oven pan or a frying pan big enough for more than one hamburger?   I guess I have some more research to do before I can begin cooking on the new burners. 

Yesterday, Pogo and I went to a local flea market.  About all I can say about this outing is that it was great for exercise.  We walked from one end to the other, and then got in the car and headed for the park.  On the way, we stopped at Burger King to pick up some lunch to enjoy while we watched the water birds. 

In the afternoon, I washed the kitchen floor with my "spin mop."   Have any of you tried this mop?  It's really fun to use.  And oh so easy to wring out and clean. 


I have to take a break here -- the neighbor across the street is up to no good again..........

I'm back.  The neighbor across the street is a constant source of aggravation.  Complaining to the authorities doesn't seem to help.  Today he has a friend outside with a leaf blower, blowing all the dirt and debris from his yard out into the street, across the street, and into my yard.  I took my camera outside and took tons of photos of this happening, then called the police.  When the police showed up, I showed them some of the photos that I had taken. 

One of the police officers spoke to the neighbor, and then they told me that they had not broken any criminal laws.  They suggested that I contact the Safety Office at the police station or the Town Manager at Town Hall.   I was told that these two persons could do something about this.  We'll see.  I'll call tomorrow morning. 

On a funny note, I borrowed this "Bathtub Test" from the internet.  I figure we can all use a laugh.


The wind has picked up a little bit, and there is a super nice breeze coming in through the storm door.  Oh my but it does feel good.  There's really not much else news for now, so I'll leave you with another picture puzzle.  This one has faces hidden all through the picture.  See how many you can find.


Now I think I'll grab another cold bottle of water and catch up a bit on my blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

LV said...

Edna always enjoy what you have been up to. Wish we had some small part of your cool weather. It is 108 and index higher. I know what you are talking about with neighbors. We had one across the street that was awful. But, thank goodness the owner of the house forced them out. However, we are fixing to get new ones and trust they will better. Have a good week.

Stacey said...

so glad you had a wonderful outing. too bad about the neighbor, hopefully you will get some help. I'm so jealous of your weather!

smiekeltje said...

Neighbors can be a pain in the ....... well, you know.! Sometimes it helps to just go over and ask nicely to change a habit or whatever is annoying, but there are people who jjust continue, and don;t understand (or don't WANT to understand ) your request.
Hmmmm. may be you get help from one of the phonenumbers?????
It feels good when in the morning the air is a little bit fresh, then it is also nice when the sun comes through, only it doesn;t have to get overheated LOL.
Lovely that you had a nice walk at the fleamarket and then a time in the park.
I have the same kind of mop with bucket. They are ever so handy!
And you brought a smile on my face, with that story about the bathtub, hahaha.
Soon have to wake up Jan, he has an appointment with his doctor.
Just check-up visit.
Have a lovely day, cuddle to Pogo.
Hug
Kyra

Anonymous said...

I found 13

Nani said...

As I sat on my bed by the window with my bucket I started counting faces but I quit when one winked at me. Either I was concentrating too hard for my eyes or I really do need that bucket to keep my mind in so I don't lose it! Hehehe...

;) Hugs, Nani