Monday, August 10, 2015

One-Pot Zesty Vegetable Soup

August 10, 2015

Good morning.  Gosh, I've been up for almost three hours now, and it's only 5:45 a.m.  I fell asleep really early last evening without even getting the dishes washed.  So, this morning I washed the dishes, made breakfast for Pogo and myself and wrote out my Christmas list and my Calendar list.  Now all I have to do is make the calendars and finish my shopping.  (which is about half done - Woo Hoo!)

Mmmm, mmm, mmm.  I just made a cup of cocoa, and oh my does it ever taste good!!  Do you remember that I mentioned not too long ago that I haven't seen any hummingbirds around here lately?  Well now I'll have to take that thought back.  A couple of days ago, I happened to look out the window in time to see a hummingbird snacking on an evening primrose.   Hopefully, it will come back again while I'm looking so that I can maybe get a photo.

I have a beautiful photo (that I borrowed from Facebook)  to share with you this morning.  Such a beautiful and heroic doggie.


This dog's owners let the dog loose with his chain still on, due to the house being on fire.  The dog rushed into the fire and ran back out with this kitten.  Talk about a HERO!!!!  God bless this beautiful doggie, and to his owners - please take his chain off and keep it off!

I borrowed another image from the web because I just couldn't pass it by.  Isn't this just the truth?


This must be the season for blog crashing.  Several folks have told me recently that their blog has crashed.  Gosh, I feel so bad for you all.  It's not the funnest thing to have to go through.  However, let me give you a tip so that you don't lose all your posts.  As you know, I have my blog posts printed into book form.  BUT, you can also have them printed to a PDF form for only $7.95.  (I might be $1 off)  This is a very inexpensive way to keep a copy of your blog posts.  (Each book is approximately 300 pages.)

I found another cute crochet sweater pattern that I might try after I'm done making the afghans.  It has a light, airy look to it.  Isn't this pretty?  If anyone wants the pattern, just email me and I'll send it to you.


I'm curious as to how many faces everyone managed to find in yesterday's picture puzzle.  Every time I look at this puzzle, I find another face.  So far, I've found fourteen faces.  These puzzles are great for keeping our brains alert and working. 

How about a one-pot soup recipe.  This one is called "Quick and Zesty Vegetable Soup."   The ingredients are:   One pound lean ground beef,  1/2 cup chopped onion,  salt and pepper,  two cans (14,5 ounces each) Del Monte Italian Recipe Stewed Tomatoes,  two cans (14 ounces each) beef broth,  one can (14.5 ounces) Del Monte Mixed Vegetables,  1/2 cup uncooked medium egg noodles,  and 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano.  (I love noodles so I add more of them.)

(1)  Brown meat with onion in large saucepan.  Cook until onion is tender;  drain.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.

(2)  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Bring to boil;  reduce heat.

(3)  Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until noodles are tender.

This makes 8 servings.  Prep time:  5 minutes.  Cook time:  15 minutes.  Enjoy.

This soup sounds yummy, so I'm going to put the ingredients on my shopping list and make up a pot of it later in the week. 

Okay, enough of my babble.  I'm off now to do a bit of blog reading and maybe get a load of laundry started.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a spectacular day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I love those photos! so cute! I agree awesome dog! Glad you saw some hummingbirds we have them well into fall since it's warm here. I love them. I wear alot of red as a 49er fan and it's always so cute how they buzz me in the yard!

smiekeltje said...

You were awake really, really early this time! Isn;t it a bit too early? Oh, well, if you feel your eyelids becoming heavy, may be you could take a little nap.
The soup sounds yummie, let us know how it tastes after you've made it?
I just love that photo of the heroe-dog! Isn;t it an amazing thing?
Always there are still things on the world happening that amaze us, and how wonderful is that?
Bit of strange weather here, nt cold, oh no, but little sunshine, at the moment all cloudy, amost no wind, looks it might rain a bit, but it will not.
Later this week temperature will go up again.

Have a lovely day,
Hug
Kyra

Miriam said...

I love that dog....!