Tuesday, July 14, 2015

It's Delivery Day!

July 14, 2015

Good morning.  Well, today is delivery day for the new furniture.  I will call the store in a little while (after they open) to make sure everything is still on schedule.  Gosh, I hope they don't mess up.  If they don't show up today, there will be no place for the dwarfs to sit and watch TV when they get home from work. 

My little guy has been coughing a bit lately, so I will call today and make an appointment with his doctor for a check up.  It's time for his heart worm test anyway.  I also need to check to see when his rabies shot runs out.  I will have to check his health insurance to see if the "cough" visit is covered. 

Yesterday was a very lazy day that included a nap in the afternoon.  I guess I did a bit too much walking on Sunday because it left me completely exhausted yesterday.  However, I'm feeling just fine today.  Except for feeling sticky.  I feel sticky because the air is quite muggy. 

Tomorrow morning, the window guy is coming.  Hopefully, this will be a fruitful and satisfactory visit.  It would be nice if I could get the bulk of the rest of the windows replaced this year.  After that, I can see about having the trim around all the windows scraped and re-painted. 

Recently, I bought myself a new book that I'm looking forward to reading.  "Memories Of Maggie" by Noonie Fortin is about what Colonel Maggie (a.k.a. Martha Raye) did for (and with) our veterans over five decades and through three wars.  I remember her as a comedienne, singer and movie star.  Growing up, I was never aware of the depth of this other side of her. 


On November 2, 1993, Martha Raye was awarded The Presidential Medal Of Freedom by President Bill Clinton.  I counted all the awards that she received that were listed in the book.  There were 37 awards, ranging from Woman Of The Year to Distinguished Service Award to finally this Presidential Medal Of Freedom.  It's quite an awesome list of awards, and Colonel Maggie was an awesome woman.

Today I have photos of my hydrangeas to share with you.  The colors range from white to blue to lavender to pink. 




Now I really must get busy here and take my shower and get dressed.  I don't want to be running around in my jammies when the delivery truck gets here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Edna,
I enjoyed this post so much about this remarkable woman. I am putting her at the top of my reading list for new orders. Right now I have 3 on standby and Oh I just love my new Kindle app. I have downloaded a series of 13 books and 2 more. I read last night until I couldn't hold my phone, but I think that I want this book of her to be the real deal. Some page turning LOL.

Yesterday we were out of the house for 4 hours so they could treat the flea problem. They didn't show up until 3 so we had to go out into the heat. I was prepared. I put a bottle of water in the freezer for Cisco so he could have cold water when it melted down.
My son Matthew flew in from Chicago and came just at the right time to scoop us up so we didn't have to stay in the heat very long. It was our first triple digit day. So hot.
We went to Pet Smart and it was awesome. If you discount the fact that Cisco wanted to intimidate this very large and gorgeous German Shepard. That Cisco... what a bratty baby.
I was looking at their books and came across one on Rat Terriers. I showed it to Jonathan and said... Jon, Cisco does not look like this. Jon said... "Well Cisco is not full bloodied Rat Terrier. He is mixed with Beagle. My jaw dropped. All this time and I never knew that. Well I guess that is why he is so loving and territorial.

I will email you soon. Right now Nathan just brought me some lunch. I hope that your able to get your furniture early today. Happy delivery. Hugs, Beth xx

smiekeltje said...

Good thiing you took a nap, and it obviously did you good!
Still today isn;t looking too good again, outside, it is raining a bit, temperatures are not really bad, kind of weather of which you don;t know what to wear LOL!
Oh, hope the delivery of the furniture will be on time.
Gosh, poor Pogo, he must be careful not to catch a cold in this weather.
With the sticky weather and then here and there the blow of an airconditioning it happens quickly.
Keep an eye on him(I know, you ALWAYS do), hope the visit at the vet will be helpful.
Have a lovely day.
(Hydrangeas always look so nice and there are so many varieties)
Hugs
Kyra