Friday, June 12, 2015

How Quickly My Plans Change

June 12, 2015

Good morning.  It's looking a bit cloudy outside, but then it is early.  Only 7:25 a.m.  I had to set my clock to get up early this morning because Pogo has an 8:30 appointment at the beauty salon.  While he is being bathed and trimmed, Dwarf Helen and I will poke around one of our favorite stores.

Yesterday turned out to be a wasted day as far as any plans were concerned.  I never left the house. First, I started looking up contractors on the web, then I filled out a form to get an estimate on the windows and the porch.  After a couple hours of this, I was just too tired to go out. 

Some days I have the best intentions.  They just don't work out the way I had in mind.  Ah well, it doesn't really matter.  I'll get to what I can when I can.  Like today.  After I pick up Pogo from his appointment, I'm hoping to stop by Jordan's Furniture to have a look at the sofas and lounge chairs.  A lot of what I'm able to do will depend on whether or not I start coughing. 

I have a couple of photos to share this morning.  I took this first photo last year of my neighbor's orange azaleas.  Aren't they just beautiful?

 
This next image was borrowed from the web.  I just thought that with all the hot temperatures we've been having lately, that using the grapes as ice cubes sounds like a winning idea.


Now I really must stop chatting, and start getting dressed.  We have to be leaving for Pogo's appointment in a little while.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Angelicastar said...

It's not you being tired out by trying to get estimates on work, etc. It's everyone you talk to that is trying to get more money out of you for what they are doing. That is mentally draining. I am tired out for trying to get my central air unit serviced. Everyone I called pretend to be booked for days or they want to come in the evening and do the work. I think they are trying to do the after hour service call fee which is a lot more than regular business hours. I has two small window units in my garage and my son installed one in the window that the air will circulate over the house. My home is an open floor plan, so it is doing ok today. If I have to install the other one in the other window on the back of my home, I will do that to because I am mentally tired dealing with these folks. The HOA has no reason peeking in my back yard through my privacy fence. (lol) 5 months here and I need the unit serviced. The guy that did the inspection when I was purchasing the home in February told me he couldn't inspect the air unit because if he turn it on while it is cold outside, it will damage the unit. Oh well, now I am stuck with a service repair bill when I find someone to service the unit. Dealing with these folks and taking meds, being sick and drained is not matching up. (lol) that is our problem Ms. Edna. My sister called me this morning to ask me if I have someone coming out to service my air unit, and I told her no because I am mentally tired of dealing with these people and I will use my window unit for the weekend or as long as I has to and start calling around on Monday. We are going to have to rest our mind and start over again when we feel better. Going to the salon with Pogo and shopping will do your mind great. I take too much pain med to go out and do things that will help my mind. (lol) Have a fantastic and blessed weekend. I know my Pogo is looking pretty and probably cooler and well groomed.

The Queen Jester said...

It must be nice being able to enjoy the neighbor's orange azaleas, that being your favorite color. Very happy looking plants.

smiekeltje said...

Didn't do much blog reading this week, but here i am. I catched up on yours and wow, those window prices aren't nice to hear. That's really a LOT of money!. Hopefully you will find another one who will be quite as good but with much micer prices. And otherwise, well, you should consider to do only 5 windows or so.
To won a house is kind of nice, but it also brings a lot of maintenance( read: it costs you always moneyLOL).
Regulations from councils to build a small extension or like a porch are getting more and more complicated it seems. And now a days you seem to have to pay for each form you fill in!
And that guy who would come by and didn;t show up: shame on him, not letting you know anything!
Brighter side of things are that you seem to get better slowly but for sure, and yeah, going out to look for a sofa and chair is nice. And you'll never know what you might find, hahahaha.
Think Pogo will feel himself even more handsome having his "summer style hair cut"
Take it easy, don;t think too much about all those regulations and not attractive prices of windows( I know, those things have to be taken care off some day, but perhaps now isn;t the time for it?). Take care, enjoy all those wonderful plants and bushes that come to bloom now in your garden.
Hugs
Kyra

Annesphamily said...

Edna, hi, before I forget please tell me what you use to make your blog books. My cousin Mike https://lifeinbojontown.wordpress.com/ has committed to blogging every day in June and tell his memories of our childhood and the awesome neighborhood we grew up in! It is quite along story about how the government is trying to swoop in, make it a historical neighborhood, while stealing the land from right under the peoples noses. Anyway, I have looked into these blog books but trust you to steer me int he right directions. Love oyur flowers and the photo! Woo Hoo! Hugs, Anne xo