Sunday, May 24, 2015

Wave Our Flag Proudly!!

My 24, 2015

Good afternoon.  I really was up earlier today, but after feeding Pogo, I crawled back under my covers and got some much needed sleep.  The past two days have not been very good for me, so I stayed in bed a lot.  I just was not feeling very good.  Friday, I did call to make an appointment with my doctor (for next Tuesday). 

Today though, seems to be much better so far.  I slept a few hours during the night, woke up to do a bit of crocheting, and then back to sleep until it was time to tend to Pogo. As for the crocheting, I finished the Pink Camo lapghan, and a new one - Perfect Pink.  I finally have a few rows done on a (blue) one, Light Periwinkle.


I found a gorgeous patriotic rose on the web, and borrowed it to share with you.  It's perfect for this weekend.  A weekend we have set aside for remembering all those men and women who bravely gave their lives so that we may enjoy our freedom. 


Remember that challenge I posted on Friday?  The one about waving our beautiful flag everywhere?  I surely do hope that all of you are proudly waving your American flag.  She's a magnificent sight, waving about freely in the breeze.

Many of you will be able to attend your local Memorial Day parade.  I read in our newspaper that some towns might be considering not holding the parade because of small crowd turnouts.  That's a shame.  Folks, if your town or city is having a parade, do make an effort to go and watch it.  The men and women marching in the parade need to know that you support this wonderful country and the lives that our freedom has cost.

A friend sent me some wonderful ideas, and I thought this one would be great for all those picnics and barbeques everyone will be having this weekend.  Use cupcake papers to cover drinks glasses, to prevent flies and other bugs from dropping in.  Enjoy!!


Well, that's it for today.  I'm going to see if I can accomplish a few small things around here before I run out of steam.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

My nieces met he who would end up being their uncle for the first time on Memorial Day. We took them to the parade. When they were 9, parades meant candy to them as so many people handed out candy. But we always had our flags and we talked about what Memorial Day was about. They were and still are very respectful and understanding abut what our soldiers do for us all.

I love that rose!

I like the cupcake liner idea. I need to remember that!

Have a great holiday!

Hugs, Nani

Debby said...

Glad you are resting even if it's a little at a time. We are doing a lot of that as well. Emotionally drained. So hard. Piper is doing okay as far as I can tell. I think it was upsetting him that Izzy was so sick. Although he didn't eat for 24 hours. He also just started laying on the bed they both shared in the living room. I felt so bad. I had gone out for a only a couple hours to watch Mabel in her recital. When I came home he was looking all over me for Izzy. We all miss her little self. Thanks for the sweet message.

The Queen Jester said...

Good to see you are feeling better finally. I was down for about a week with this horrid cold, finally able to get through the day and night without taking any medicine for the coughing and runny nose. It's so good to feel healthy again...now if the rain would end and the sun come back out.
That's a very clever idea of using a cupcake liner for a glass protector. It always amazes me to see what people dream up.