Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Taming The Touch Pad

May 20, 2015

Good morning.  This may be a rather short post because I'm feeling tired today.  All through the night, sleep came in fits.  Maybe because I've had a wicked headache since early last evening.  Either way, I'm not in a very gabby mood.

I did want to show you some of the many irises that are budded and getting ready to burst into bloom. 


Plus, here's a photo of Pogo sitting by his door, and keeping an eye on things.   Note how the bottom window is up so that he can enjoy the soft breeze.


Do many of you prefer to use a mouse on your laptop instead of the touch pad?  For those of you who want to quiet the touch pad, I'll share what I do.  Hopefully, your laptop is similar enough that this will work for you.

Using the mouse, click on the Control Panel>then click on Synaptics Touch Pad>A window will come up showing fingers scrolling on the mouse pad>Click on the "x" in upper right corner of this window to close it> Then click on the "x" in the upper right corner of the control panel window to close that too. 

This will shut off the touch pad.  But only while the laptop is turned on.  Once you shut it off, then you have to do this again when you next turn on the laptop.  I tried turning off the touch pad permanently, but then one day I could not find my mouse, and I had no way to turn the touch pad back on.  So I do this every time I turn on my laptop.  I hope this helps.

My head is hurting, so I'm going to take an Excedrin Migraine tablet and curl up in my lounge chair in hopes of losing the headache.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
So sorry that your feeling bad today and sleep was not a good one for you.
The Iris's are just beautiful and of course I love the photo of Pogo on guard.
This is my first day at home alone. I keep getting texts from Jonathan. "Text me often Mom so I know your status"... He is worried about me being home alone. Nathan was called back to work yesterday and I am thankful because he was really getting antsy here from not working.
Get some rest and hopefully the headache will abate.
Oh I use an external mouse pad. My mouse on my computer is a pain and so I just use my trusty external mouse but I did copy and paste your instructions and filed it so if I need it I can have it handy, thank you.
Hugs, Beth

Angelicastar said...

Sorry about your headache. You all had a terrible winter and the Spring is bringing on illness related to that weather. We are having a lot of rain here in the Houston area. It's been like that all this month.

I just love your flowers. I have the wax leaf elephant ears and vinca' is planted in front of them with the pretty burgundy blooms. I think I've done a lot outside for just being here since February. I didn't get a chance to do my raised bed vegetable garden. By the time I moved in and after the stressful process this idiot loan officer put me through for four months without closing, my body was out of energy. I am coming back alive a bit more now because I've rested a lot. God is wonderful because this idiot did a hard check on my credit four times within that process Joann (the realtor)and I said he did this to kick me out of the Mortgage loan because I told he and his loan processor they need to keep this transaction professional during this process. They never were satisfied with the Insurance that I was getting and calling the agent getting nasty with them. Hopefully next Spring I can get started during planting time. I will probably go ahead and do the raised beds sometimes during the summer and plant what will be able to grow during those months.

My Pogo looks like a little toy sitting at the door. So cute. Take care of the headache and rest if you need to. Pogo will be there to cuddle with you.

Debby said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. Did the doctor tell you that it would take this long.
Love the picture of Pogo.
This is a rough week for me. Just to get motivated to do anything. I think we are going to have to put our little yorkie to sleep. She's just exhausted battling this heart disease and her bladder issues. Poor Piper is a mess. He shakes all night long. We had to move Izzy in the bathroom because she wets all night long. I was going through two loads of wash a day just because of that. Piper is just so upset about her not sleeping in the bed. We are so worried about him as well. Then it doesn't help that our bi-annual family vacation is coming soon and we will have to leave him on top of this. I haven't been able to talk about this on my blog. So thanks for listening.

Stacey said...

I hope your headache is gone! I am one of those who use a mouse on my laptop - too old school to change! not lucky enough to own an ipad - maybe I can afford one of these days! Pogo looks so adorable!