Thursday, May 7, 2015

Nature Is Smiling At Me

May 7, 2015

Good morning.  It's going to be warm today.  It's already 79F degrees and headed for the low 80's.  Wow, it's sort of like an intro to Summer.   Well, Summer can wait a bit.  I'm wanting to get outside and enjoy some of this beautiful Spring weather before it's time to turn on the A/C. 

Well, I was very good yesterday, and did not do anymore shopping.  I'll have to admit that it wasn't because I tried not to.  I watched the kitchen specials all day and evening.  I had my eye on a really gorgeous set of cookware.  Unfortunately, it would not be good for induction cooking so I did not order it.   I'm going to hold off on buying any new pans (which I really could use) until I get my new burners set up.

Yesterday, I started two new lapghans.  One in Buff, and one in Orchid.  Why do I have two going at the same time?  Because just sitting around makes me restless and I get bored with the project that I'm working on.  So this way, I can put one project down and pick up another.  It changes my mood rather nicely. 

Gosh, this pneumonia stuff is messing up all my fun.  One of my great granddaughters is in a dance recital this weekend for Mother's Day, and I'm not going to be able to see this.  The following weekend, Jazzy is in a performance of "Anything Goes".  I don't know yet if I'll be able to go watch this yet.  If I can't, I'll still buy a couple of tickets, and a couple of the dwarfs can go instead.

There's really not much news for today, so I'll just post a couple photos of some of the new blooms in my yard.  Aren't these yellow tulips gorgeous??   It's sort of like Nature is smiling at me.  It sure does put a big smile on my face.  I'm not sure what the little blue flowers are that are poking up through the leaves, but they sure are pretty.



Well, I think it's time to go back to my lounge chair.  If I stay up too long, I get a bit shaky.  Gosh, I'll surely be glad when things get back to normal.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Good to see you're feeling a bit better.
You are going to love the induction cooking, plus it's a great excuse to buy new cookware! When we get back into a nonmoving house again someday, I would have to have this in my stove.
The little blue flowers are scilla or commonly known as Siberian squill. There is a variety called Pushkina that has a stripe up the leaf. I used to have a large naturalized area in my old house and planted bloodroot in the same area to blend some white with the blue. Ah those first signs of spring...how sweet.

Edna B said...

Thank you for the plant name. And I think you're going to enjoy Amazon Prime. I think it's great. You have a great evening. Hugs, Edna B.