Friday, May 1, 2015

Happy May Day

May 1, 2015

Good morning.  My goodness, see how quickly April has gone by and we are already into May.  Time is flying by and pretty soon we'll be able to start putting new plants into the garden.  The weather man is promising us a whole week of super temperatures starting tomorrow. 

Before I forget, here's the May page from my calendar.


Today is gray and cool, and I find myself slipping into a blue funk mood.  You know how when your eyes think they want to cry but you have no reason to cry?  Or you get up and walk around for no particular rhyme or reason?  I know it's just a combination of the gray damp day and being sickly for so long, and things will get better.

Today is day three on the new antibiotic and I'm really hoping for a huge healing trend.  I know, I'm getting overly anxious.  I have hopes that the new meds will make me all better so I'm rushing myself to get well.  Realistically though, I know that things will work out in their own time. 

Today I have more photos of the flowers blooming outside in the little garden.  Yesterday morning when I put the plants out on the doorstep, I noticed two beautiful orange tulips budded and getting ready to open.  I grabbed my phone and took a photo.  By noon, the tulips had opened and of course I had to go back out and get another photo. 



Aren't these just the happiest orange color?   I also took another photo of the white daffodils with the peach center, and a shot of the plants sitting on the doorstep. 



Last night was not a good night for sleeping.  I did, however, keep dozing off for a while all through the nght.  This morning though, I'm rather tired, so I'll be catching a nap in a little while.    During the night, I finished the "Pumpkin Orange" lapghan and started another new one in "Cheeky Pink".  This is a rather weird but pretty color.  Well, at least I think it's pretty. 

Next on the list of lapghans will be one in "Key Lime" and one in "Lemon Yellow".  Gosh, these colors sound so yummy.  I had ordered a batch of new yarn colors, and the box arrived yesterday.   Now my fingers itch to play with all the new yarn.   One of the new colors is "Pomegranate" and another is "Hot".  Am I making you hungry yet? 

Well, enough of my chit chat.  I think I'll try for that nap now.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend. 

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Edna,
Absolutely gorgeous tulips.. I love those happy colors. Your lapghans sound lovely. They will come in handy for those that will use them.
I am sorry that your still ill and you know being sick makes you feel all kinds of emotions... Cry if you need too... They say that crying doesn't help but I disagree, sometimes we all need a good cry for no reason at all.
Hugs my friend... Love to you and Pogo. Beth

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I hate to rain on your parade, but our weatherman said warm all next week too, but when he showed the little map, it was supposed to rain every day. I would like a nice warm sunshiny day, thank you. So as I say that, it seems to be what I have today. I have no idea how long it is going to last, but I will make it a point to get outside today and do a little gardening with Mint. She is starting with seeds so we need to get our rears in gear or our produce won't be available until next years first snow (if it comes as early as it did this year)

I am glad you have started on a new antibiotic. I sure hope this one does more for you than the last. Have you been in to see the doctor so he can listen to your lungs ... he could hear if you had plurisy and then give you antiinflammitories for it. Oh my, I worry about you. I would love for you to feel better again. Izzi remains a gimp and she has only one more week on medication before they look into whether she will require surgery ... I don't even want to think about that possibility.

Nothing else happening ... I have to go to the store and get dirt ... isn't it crazy, buying dirt? But now they have dirt with fertilizer already in it so I am going to fill my new planter with it and put some in my old planters before I plant in them again. So Happy May Day to you, Edna and hugs to Pogo and the kitties. Rest well and get well ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

Pretty flowers - there's nothing like springtime to make your appreciate those early blooms.

Debby said...

You sound better. Sometimes it takes the third day to feel better. But if you aren't feeling better soon, you may need to try a different med. Keep resting. You are back to work on your knitting, so that's a good sign. Hugs

Annesphamily said...

Hi Edna, get well soon! Pneumonia seems to take a long while to heal. Even when my girls were small both Noelle and Rebekah had it and took a long while to feel 100 percent! I am glad you are keeping busy with your photography and your sweet friend Pogo. We have had some rainy weather too. I hope your weekend is good and you are feeling better.