Sunday, April 26, 2015

"Woozey" And "Dozey" Take The "Ouchy" Away

April 26, 2015

Good morning.  Gosh, I've been up since 4 a.m.  I found a way to keep the pain to a dull roar so that I can sleep, and I find myself nodding off easily now.  After talking with my daughter Audrey, I do believe that I've been experiencing Pleurisy.  That is a painful inflammation of the membrane that surrounds the lungs and lines the rib cage. 

This would explain the severe pain every time I cough.  And believe me, it is painful enough to bring tears to your eyes.  Just ask me and I'll tell you.  The treatment involves taking muscles relaxers.  So that's what I've been doing.  Much as I don't like to depend on pills, I'm happily taking these and relishing the decrease in the pain.

However, there is a slight downside to taking these pills.  They make it difficult to crochet.  What I mean is, I can crochet, but I can't guarantee that I won't have to rip out everything that I do and start over - repeatedly.  On the other hand, it does keep my mind and hands busy.  So I guess it is a win win.

I've been looking for another lounge chair for my living room, and I think I've found one that I like.  It is very similar to the one that I have, but it is a little smaller.  My chair was made for tall folks, (my hubby was very tall)  and this new chair is made for folks under five feet ten.  I haven't bought the chair yet, but at least now I know what I want. 


While searching around on line, I also found an ice maker that I think would be a great addition to our kitchen.  There's no room in the freezers for everyone to keep ice trays, so this item would come in handy especially during the warm weather.


I also came across a great buy for a pet stroller.  Lots of times, I get asked where these can be purchased, and I usually tell folks that I ordered ours on E-bay.   However, I found this one on Choxi.com for a much better price.  As you can see, it comes in several different colors.  This one retails for $135, but can be purchased from Choxi.com for just $53.


I did order a few things from Choxi.com, and when my order arrives I'll let you know how I feel about the service and products. 

As I mentioned earlier, I got up rather early this morning, so the first thing I did was to cook up a pot of macaroni and make a macaroni salad.  I've had a hankering for some macaroni salad lately, so once the salad is nice and cold, I'm going to enjoy a bowl of it.

I'm also trying to catch up on some laundry.  One load is already washed and in the dryer, while a second load is in the washer.  When I'm feeling better, my grandson Kevin will come over and give me a hand with the dusting and vacuuming.   Yup, I know, I'm a very lucky grandma.  (and grateful too!)

Yesterday, SIL Eddie came by to repair a portion of our kitchen floor.  Due to water pipe leaks (in the past)  water got under the floor and caused a bit of damage.  Joe was here to help him, so in a matter of a few hours everything was all fixed.  Great job, guys!

I'm starting to get "dozey" again, so I think I'll try to catch a few winks.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

If you have pleurisy, you need anti-inflammatories. I am guessing you pulled or strained some muscles from your coughing and that is why the muscle relaxant is working. I sure hope you get this cleared up soon. Do you have a follow up with your doctor?

Good for you that you are up doing chores, just don't tire yourself out ... no relapses allowed!

I like the looks of your chair. My FH and I each have chairs like that ... his is clearly bigger than mine. We will be in need of replacing both of them soon as well (where did you find the one you like?). We probably won't replace either of them until one of them goes crashing to the floor ... and believe me, on occasion, I have the feeling that is going to happen. They aren't cheap to replace so that is why we keep avoinding it.

Our Izzi tore her ACL last week. She is on "rest" for 6 weeks. They are going to look at it again in two weeks and decide if it needs to be surgecally repaired. She is so depressed ... she can't play with her Frisbees or go to her agility. How do you explain to them ... it is hard. All I can do is walk her for potty. I had to cut back her food because she is not burning any calories and she was already over weight ... we were working on that and making some progress. Hmmmm ... life is full of surprises and not all of them are good.

Well, today, I am going to cut the lawn for the first time this year. It is still cold out, but the grass doesn't seem to understand that it should stop growing until it gets warm. My flowers are really struggling. We have had several freezes since they started sprouting . I don't know ... it seems to me the only thing surviving is the weeds, ugh. I am not in a great mood, as you can probably tell. Guess I should call it quits here before I bring you down with me. Hope you are feeling better ... and if you do think you have pleuricy, maybe you should see your doctor again. Be well, Edna and a sad woof woof from Izzi ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Angelicastar said...

You and I are great shoppers. I just bought my girls a stroller that is large and can hold both of them. Great when I take them to the vet and other places that they can go. It is quoted to hold 40lbs. It only cost me 63.00. The cheapest I had found because the other places were over 150.00 or more. It took me 2 weeks to get it shipped from Brylane Home. I think they had to locate it. (lol) This was my first time seeing one on their website. Thanks for the information on the icemaker also. I have a problem with using my icemaker because it is the one located in the freezer and I keep buying grocery items that are on sale. My chest freezer is filled up also and all I can think of is losing it if we have a hurricane this year and lose power like we did when hurricane Ike hit us. We have been spared a few years now. I am praying that they miss us this year also. That is a great price for the icemaker because they are very close to 200.00 at the home depot and Walmart website. Take care of yourself and try those allergy and sinus pills I told you about. Read your previous blog because I had ran off with words and it did look like I was talking about the muscle relaxers. I reposted on Saturday. The muscle relaxers will help control the pain from the soreness. Take care of yourself and get well soon.